Sunday, December 30, 2012

David and Bat Sheva (once again)

Last week many things happen to me in the second time. Pavo Real, a workshop with Miguel Angel, photos, David and Bat Sheva....

David and Bat Sheva is a show which made by and for Compas Company by the biblical story. From the start it had a place for a dancer from outside the company as King David. The original King David was Arik Alfassi who isn't a flamenco dancer, but gave an impact made it with modern senses. Time has passed and his his place as King David took Miguel Angel. Long time ago when this show has start running - I saw it with Arik. It was long before I wrote the blog, when I started - I didn't know what to write. I had a fuzzy memory it was a special thing to see, but... Accept of one or two little scenes - I couldn't write much about it. And now - it was about time to see it in the version with Miguel.

This time - a moment before I got in the hall - I saw that Ilan is about to pick his ticket.  It took him a little while to understand who say hello to him. He isn't used to see my hair like this... In the hall - once again people who I don't get how do they found a place near me. And try to move me from my place. When Ilan got in - he asked me how do I get all those good seats. I said I have contacts (a joke, I ask for those seats). And he sat behind me. Until show has started - I could talk with him about the workshop (which I'm going and he gave up). 

When it started - it took the couple near me to shut their mouths. When they finally did - what a joy. My eyes were burning from non sleeping, but time passed by quickly. Things from the show became more clear. One thing I remembered has been removed, probably cause it didn't fit Miguel. And it includes a brake. After the brake - there is a solo of Miguel which he made for this show. It wasn't in the original thing. Maybe Arik Alfassi did have a thing like this, but it didn't look the same at all and I can't remember. This part is new by Miguel. As it's with him - the whole show is much more pure flamenco. And he's amazing. I just forgot that King David has a smaller part from Bat Sheva.

I did remember most of set. The main idea I did remember - a "door" in the middle behind all dancers. I did remember that it has a lot of use, but I didn't remember that more accept King David comes in out through this door. And the fact it's possible to see with the lights when they comes behind the fabrics. 

It was to remember again and see the difference.  I could remember now what did I find in this show in the first time (yeah, biblical stories can be fun sometimes), but this time I liked it more. Maybe because it was more pure flamenco now, maybe it's because that this time - with all the respect to Arik Alfassi - it's with Miguel. And Miguel can do anything so powerful and I adore his talent, no matter what he do on stage. Maybe it's because of both. And to remember... 

and it had a long fin la fiesta. The couple next to me... The man who is the worse between them asked few times if it's over now. The over audience hardly let the dancers go down. 

Kirill Sivolapov was in the audience. Ilan left me for a moment and I saw Kirill Sivolapov (who dance in Pavo Real) go out from the hall and get in quickly to the backstage. I was still outside and waiting. Many people did. Ilan came back. He knows personally more than I do the dancers of Compas Company. He was talking with some. Someone took photos. We were waiting. One of the dancers told Ilan about the party we both missed. Keren from the company's back work went out . She said it's funny cause last week she saw both of us standing there together, and here we go again - she see us now standing there together. After that - Ilan convinced me that there is nothing wrong about to get into the backstage. I asked him to come in with me. Some kind of protection cause I never got into the backstage of the main hall there (Suzanne Dellal). He didn't want, but said that I should go in and he will be waiting - for Mijal as well. I got in. There was a locked door after the stairs. I guess I could call, but... I don't have Ilan's nomber although he's my friend. I wanted to go back and bag him to open the door for me. And a saver - Kirill Sivolapov went out. I ran up again. The door locked up again. He asked me if I want to go in. I said I do. He opened the door for me. I thanked him and got into the new drama.

Inside others were talking with Miguel and I was waiting. One of the girls from the company who do knows me said hello. Then Miguel noticed me. I guess that because of the mess - we mostly were talking about his workshop after the kisses. And Mijal came still in one of the dresses she was wearing in the show. She asked me if I enjoyed it and we were talking about the differences between this and Pavo Real, and the little changes at Pavo. Miguel got back talking with the others. When I finally caught him again - two more photos and more talking about tomorrow. Kisses and good night. Or I guess it is... I couldn't find the way out and Miguel took me to the door. 

Outside Ilan was talking with one of the guys from the company. When he saw me going out he asked me if I'm not gonna take wash myself for the next two months. No, at least not my cheeks. Or my clothes. Ilan said that he don't wanna know what happened to my clothes. I showed them both the photos. I said to Ilan that he's gonna see it in Facebook as well. To the other guy I said it was great. I need my sleep and have to update, so I said goodbye and got back home by walking. 

The dramas won't over so quickly. My coat took off a flowerpot not much after I got out Suzanne Dellal. Not much later - the same street... Few men standing and started staring at me after a while. One of them called to me "Mam, the police will come in a moment because of the noise of your heels". Great...

No comments:

Post a Comment