Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It wasn't too bad

I was affraid that I won't make it last night. I came sick to class. Amazing - I felt terrible all day since the morning, but the classes makes something in my head. It was enough I'll change my jeans to the flamenco skirt for feeling better. I hardly felt that I'm sick and could function all class. We came only two - te other astronout and me. We started to listen to the music. Near the end of this part - the other astronout told that she learn to sing. She doesn't sing flamenco, but she sings lating songs in Spanish. If Neta will tell her how to put the words on the beat - she would able to sing a guajira cause it has a sound of Latin America. Then she asked me if I want her to sing me when I dance my guajira. No problem - it will be easier to do my guajira as I want to this way instead of finding something new. And we started to dance. We practiced a bit on markajes (a kind of moving in flamenco). Then really dancing. Somehow - I got to be the first one. I thought I'll make it terrible. Well, I still don't do it perfect, but it wasn't terrible. And I have few more months to work on it. We worked a bit on two little parts in our dances and in the end from the real start. This time - she was first. As far as she changed her palo to solea - she wasn't sure yet how to change her entrence, a thing we already started to work on. It took a bit time to analize it and giving some ideas. Then she wrote it and we helped her to remember how will be her new entrence to stage. My turn. They both sang me. As I said - it still ain't perfect, but getting better. Neta had few things to correct me, but said that it looks better and I'm getting better. YEAH! And she said it's possible to see a start of a real dance. We finnished earlier. Neta said from the start that if we'll stay two - will do it an hour and a half cause it's a lot of work to make two hours for two women. And while this time of changing again - the other one told us how does she knows to speak Spanish: her parents came from Argentina, and she herself lived for years in Buenos Aires. Nice....!

No comments:

Post a Comment