Thursday, August 11, 2011

Starting my third year

My third year was in the Center of Tel Aviv. Not in the same place, but closer to my house than it was a year before. Much closer.
My teacher opened a group of Sevillanas. It's a small part of flamenco, not a pure one. This dance you need someone to dance it with. It called this way because it can only be found in Sevilla. There was a group of adavaced later that evening. That year the advanced learned to dance a palo of taranto. I went to both classes. I was curious about the Sevillanas, and still wanted a progress. Two classes in the same evening - 3 hours dancing flamenco. This year the classes started full. In the Sevillanas started also two men. They both didn't reach even to the middle of the year.
In the the class of the advanced - I was pretty "green". All the girls there made it more year than I did. I was a shame to stop them because my level was lower. That mean: I needed to go better and reach their level. Till the end of the year I understood I made it good. My level got much better this year. That was one of the reasons. Another reason: first time in my life I needed to stay on my feet and dance so long. And... I broke my hand not much after the year started.
When I broke my hand I knew what the flamenco mean to me. Like it wasn't terrible enough - it was my stronger hand - my left one. That time I couldn't do much. I needed help in many things. I couldn't go to work because I used to work than in a place and work I needed both hands. I needed help to take my dog out, I couldn't cook or clean my house... Accept the phisycal pains - it was very difficult for me mentally. I had two things which helped me to through this time without getting crazy: wotching movies and go to flamenco classes.  I still went to classes because I thought I have 2 choices - stay at home and feel sorry for myself while other goes to classes and learn more, or go to classes and do what I can. I prefered the second choice. With movies and flamenco it started the same: I went out, saw people and made something I love. In the movies I had some time to forget the pain. In the flamenco classes - I had three hours I could do a lot. I danced that time in flamenco shoes, but with comfterble pants and a t-shirt. First time I got to class in with the palster on my hand some girls asked me how do I come to class this way. Without to mean - they made me stronger. It wasn't only to show what can I do although the plaster on my hand - I can do something others won't even try. And the plaster made some diffrents in my body balance. I didn't feel it outside classes.
When I was still in the plaster - one evening only me and and another one from the Sevillanas came. I didn't open my mobile  phone, hers was broken. We didn't know that the teacher couldn't come because of it. Because we already there - we made a practise. Than she understood it's only us there - she said that she doesn't understand why does the teacher let me be in the advansed. They all better than me in three levels. She has a lot of luck I couldn't beat her in the same moment, or told her what I think of her (she's worse than me).
Anyway, after I saw how did the classes affected me mentally in that time, and it helped my hand to heal faster, I understood I have no way back. The flamenco is a big part of my life. A good part which I don't want to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment