Thursday, August 11, 2011

My second

So... My second year was in North Tel Aviv. I don't really remember how many girls we were in the very start. It wasn't much, that's for sure.
As far as my teacher was about to guve a birth - she brought another dancer to see what we did - for she will teach us in the time she will take a brake.
I started to learn to dance alegria with a fan. I'm leftanded. I've been told I can play with castanuelas like a lefthanded, but as far as I learn in a group - I have to dance with the fan in my right hand, because it will will take too much attention. I still can remember the feeling after classes. I still loved the idea I learn to dance flamenco, I still love anything which goes well with fans, but holding the fan in my right hand... In those classes we had as kinda begginers only 10-15 minutes practacing with the fans near the end of class. It was enough for me to feel mussles in my shoulders I didn't know I have.  It made me a lot of pains for hours.
Not much after starting the year - my teacher gave a birth and took her vacation. Her sabstatue took her place. It took me a little time till I got used to her. Mostly because it was different and she tried to look tough in the start. That time the only girls in my group and level were me and the girl who learn for her mother. All the rest left. I had one lesson I was alone with the teacher.
The group broke. My teacher told me on the phone this class will be closed when she will return. Me and the other girl will return to class of first year, if we want to keep dancing. It will be be for keep dancing, but not running to high levels before time. I accepted. I prefered to dance more and return on steps, do it better than stop dancing at all. After the first hit - it felt wrong to stop.  But the mother of the other girl said that her daughter will go to the higher level class. I didn't see that her daoughter made it to the end of the year
When I was again like a begginer - it almost nice. Suddenly I didn't have to look who's better than me. I was the best and it was easier for me. Not that it such a problem for someone who learned it before... It get to a point that came a new woman to class. Someone who never learned flamenco before, the last time she learned a kind of dance was 20 years before and was jazz. She started after my teacher got back from her birth vacation and I made again few classes of begginers. As far as I always came early and this woman was very affraid from what she missed - I helped her practising few minutes before the class started. She always asked the teacher how do I do as a teacher, if I'm ok. My teacher said I'm good. Near the end she left because of her health and because all the classes she missed. And many others didn;t feel it's for them. Again - in the end of the year - it was me and another girl. A young girl (22 years old) who wanted to be a dancer when she will grow up. She all the time talked about that every evening she has a dance class, every evening another type. She seems to love steps and flamenco the most. In the last 2-3 classes she left. She got married with a man who's gorwn up from her in 18 years. He accepted to marry her after he saw how much money and energy she gives on his 40 birthday. I didn't hear from her again.
I had the chance to dance solo in the end of the year party. Although I changed and I'm not affraid anymore that people will see me dance - I still thought that dancing solo is a bit too much for me. I'm not sure I made the right call, but... That's life.
For the next year - it was clear that the classes will return to the Center of Tel Aviv.

No comments:

Post a Comment