Monday, August 29, 2011

The Antonio Gades Company in Israel

I've been twice in shows of Antonio Gades Company in Israel.

The first time they came to performe in the time of Días de Flamenco when Farruquito was guest. The show was Carmen. They have a show they do since 1982. Antonio Gades made a cheografy for a movie of Carlos Saura. he also danced the part of Don Jose. Just because it was that good - they started with a stage version. The cheografy is still the same, the clothes are still the same, and the only thing that changes are the crew. When I finally saw it live - Gades himself couldn't be around. About the conversation about him I already wrote when I wrote about Farruquito. I don't remember the name of the dancer who made Carmen... She was pretty good, but she fright me a bit. In the part of Don Jose was Ádrian Galia. He was great. I really enjoyed watching it. They gave 3 evening in Tel Aviv only. I saw myself lucky that I saw it and had the chance not losing what happened later in the festival

The secon time - they came few months ago again. This time - Carmen again. This time also in Jerusalem, Haifa, and... As I remember in another place again. This time Ádrian Galia didn't come. They also made shows of Suite Flamenca. The only time they performes in Tel Aviv (in the same place they were in the first time and where Diego El Cigala perfomed) with Suite Flamenca I sadly had to choose between going to a bata class or to the show. The other times it was Carmen or in another city. As far as I saw Carmen before - I just choosed to miss a class once for watching Suite Flamenca near home.

The Suite Flamenca is a long show. It's made of two parts: Blood wedding and a part of short "pictures" of traditional flamenco. Blood Wedding is another show which started as a co-opporation between Antonio Gades and Carlos Saura. The cheografy based on a story by Garcia Lorke. In the movie the main dancers were Antonio Gades and Cristina Hoyos. I haven't seen them live (Hoyos is an option for not yet), but I have seen the movie of Saura more than once before. The hardest part was to see others do those parts, although all the dancers in this version were fantasic and made a great job. The other part was great too, but a different style from the first. It was a very rich and amazing. I'm glad I had the chance to see it. It was also good to see it near home. I don't know what happened, but it started in a big late. And now the length of the show itself... Got back home in the middle of the night (or so) after 3 hours or more that I spent on this with a big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment