Thursday, August 25, 2011

4th year

Coming back a bit to tell about my studying of the year. My 4th year

While third year it was one evening with 3 hours dancing - it stayed this way, but I has one more evening of one more class. The class I went to of Sevillanas became a class of medium level. I was anymore in a medium level at Neta's classes, but it was too hard now to stop. I went to medium level class and stayed to the advandced class which started later that evening. Accept that - Neta opened a new class. She had a new show she worked on, something which is a flamenco version to The Little Marmade. She was looking for new dancers for her company before this show go on to stages. The new class was learning 2 cheografys from this show. The idea was to choose dancers from this class and take them to the show she called The Spanish Marmade. I decided to go to this class as well. I had a doubt that she will choose me, but I had to try. I thought that I need to try. If she will choose me - cool. If she won't - at least I get to learn more and enjoy the extra time I have in the studio. In the end she choosed someone else. The girl I said I'm not crazy for and was also in Abanico Intimo

In the classes which I took one after another in the same evening - she did something she didn't do in the year before. She calles arms' exercise. Neta is great when it's a part of hands in the dance. The arms exercise is a dance she gives a cheografy based of the hands, with not much attention to the feet and the music the shoes makes. She made it in those two classes in palo of alegria, but it wasn't the main part of classes. In the first class we had a dance with all the "mess" it includes. in the second class she gave us to choose between two alegrias and another palo. She let us hear a song in a palo of caracoles. It's also a kind of alegria, but it has a different sound - a bit "dark". She said it goes great with fans. Oh... I found out that I'm not the only one who's crazy for fans. Most of girls (maybe accpet one or two) said that if so - we'll go on woth the caracoles. In thos classes joined us that year right from the start a great guitarist called Anfrei who moved to Israel a bit before. He came once in every two weeks. One week we practiced with him and the week after with a recorded music with the songs we chossed and the songs of arms exercise. Than we had a choice to dance with live music in the end of the year party. We decided that we;ll take it, but after a thought - Andrei didn't play in all the four dances. In the end of the year party he played in the "regular" alegrias and parts which Neta danced

The classes with the dances of the company went also good. We had a buleria, and a very modern style dane in palo of solea por buleria. In the solea por buleria we danced with shawls. It was a bit har in the start - but we made it. The snobish mother with her daughter didn't come in the start. After a month or so they joined both to this class. The mother told Neta that they can't come anymore in the other evening, so they, join this evening. To me she said that if I'm there - her dautgher can come too. I asked her if it's a complement. Than she reminded that I took both classes and have been danced with both of them. Yeah, I did, but didn't get the answer. We also practised a short feet part in a palo pf tangos/taranto. Some of it was a amall part of the taranto of the year before, a thing which made it easy for me. Still it wasn't the same till the end

Luckyly the @#$% from the year before who had a "wise" thing to tell me what she thinks about my level didn't take any class that year

In the end of the year we had a little problem with the studio for renting for the show. One of the girls found instead a nice place in the center of Tel Aviv which is normally a place for music and make concerts (mostly classical). The problem was that the stage there is very small. Some of the girls got really nervoius from that. Some said they won't go up to the stage with the shawls because of that. Neta said that she won't make anyone, so if anyone don't want to - she won't go up to stage. All cmae up. We stood a bit different than we practised in this dance.I learned in this class also with someone who started in the studio of Neta that year. She didn't enough place on stage. With her fat and tallent - it doesn't matter how much place there is a place on stage - it isn't big enough for her. She wanted that me and the snobish mother will go more aside. The snobish tryed to tell her that we don't have anywhere to go and we're on the edge. The "great dancer" didn't belive and tryed to put us out. Than I got angry. I told her that we are on the edge, we won't go down from stage because she can't handle it, if she has a problem with it - I really don't care. It made her shut her mouth.I was pretty nervoius mostly because I had six (!!!) different full dances to be on stage and didn't want to miss any of them. And the little feet thing came for a start - like an aperitif in a meal. The "tallented" were with me in two classes, so it was including 4 dances and the start. She and another one came late to the beggining. After that - in one of the dances she also danced on my legg. She didn't apologized. And not much later - I stepted by mistke on another girl. I kept dancing like nothing happened, but in the back stake I appologized. It deffently didn't feel right. It was a mistake to do with audionce, and this a really sweet girl

No comments:

Post a Comment