Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Workshop of Adi Akiva - second day

When I came today - Adi sat out of the building with someone I used to know from the studio of Neta. In the first class she didn't even notice me, this time she started talking with me after a moment. Three of us got into the building and into the studio together. In the studio itself the girl I know through Neta asked Adi about performing in the tablaos of Madrid, where did she perform and where and and why. I know it's rude, but I while Adi still was talking about she have enough places in Sevilla  - I asked her if it's true that she was performing in Niño de la Alfalfa recently. She said yes. I asked her about La India. She asked me back how do I know her.  Well, the girl from the studio of Neta didn't know La India at all (her lost) and Adi said that she get know know her a bit, but she hear about her all the time from a friend of hers. By the way she said that even they hardly know each other - La India made her a favour and sent students from Latin America to learn from her when Adi was there. La India didn't have to, but she did. It amazed Adi and made her be more sure that La India is really nice. 

One more girl came. Adi said that this time will be less than the other time. The weirdo who thought she can do all said that she won't go on, one of the Facebook girls I know said that she can't today and she came in another evening once instead, some goes in the other evening and came once on Monday.... 

After changing clothes and shoes - shall we start? It was a little problem cause it was already late of few minutes, but not all came - even those who meant to come. We did start. Adi asked what do we want to hear. She offered us to hear Josele Niño.  The girl from the studio said that she knows the name but she doesn't know who he is. Wasn't he the guitar player who was with Juan de Juan in Días de Flamenco? I remembered the name from there, the girl from the studio said that it tells from where does she knows the name, Adi said that it's a singer. She let us hear what she meant. While Pulling legs and arms there was a talk of how was this show. Looks like we all agreed that Juan de Juan is a great dancer - with or without this show. Two more came. 

Water. And change in the music. Adi let us hear some music which fit for a practice. Legs' warming. This time missed a bit few times. Adi started to move between us to see how we do it and correct. Some of the time she looked on our legs from really close. One of the times she stopped next to me - I felt I'm not doing it well. She still didn't correct me. 

Water brake. I came with many missing sleeping hours. In this point I wasn't sure if I'm about to brake down. I'm glad I was there, made this practice and didn't give up, but I felt like the only thing I wanna do is go to bed and sleep. 

We moved to make circles. For a start: basic in the place. My balance never was too good (I'm working on it in classes), and with the wish to sleep.... The hardest part was to keep on balance. And circles all around. I was the last one. The others probably got better. Me - first try I heard it was great. Second time - the one who had the turn before me changed her turn with another. Second time we had to move our hands - down and to the sides. I'm not used to it, I was tired, and the one before me was slow. It was too much for me and near the end of this turn I started to lose control on my body and where do I take it. I almost got into the one who was before me. Adi said that I lost the focus...... Few more tries. The one who was before me gave up and sat down because of dizzy. I got better. And working on other circles which used a lot in flamenco and I never learned it before this workshop. Adi said that it's rare to find someone to teach it although it isn't rare at all to see it in flamenco dancing. I believe it true. After all the years I learn and all the shows I saw - it sounds logic.

And dancing the siguiryia. None of us really remembered accept Adi. We made many times to remember and practice. One circle in the siguiryia had been made once by me for one place while the others made it the opposite. I thought I'm too tired and made a mistake, but when we made it again - they all made it as I did. And some new steps. Many of them. While the practice on it - we received some extra time, even more than the late. Adi has been asked to let us dance it over and over again. In the end Adi offered us to take our mobile phones to take a video. One of the girls did it. I asked doing it next week with all the siguiryia. Another one said it will be better doing it next week in the end. I still took a video. Once again and the class was over for tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment