Monday, April 29, 2013

The part of the sevillanas' workshop

I already learned before to dance sevillanas, and when I learned it was as regular classes of Neta. But it long time ago and I don't really remember. Neta made a workshop of seviallanas in this feria. Ilan and his friend came to watch, few old ladies asked to watch too. Shoshi was joking that they have to watch and try NOT to dance. There are cameras and it will be possible to see if they danced or not. Then she was reading names for knowing if all the fellows who came are people who asked for it. Although I was writing to Shoshi and I got my ticket to the tablao - somehow she forgot to write me also in this workshop. She said something about reasons for that. I still got my place. From those who came to dance - there was one man, the rest women. 

For a start - stand in a circle. Neta told about the the back round for the making seviallanas. I heard it many times before and more. Still few things needed to get refresh. Then - the first steps. We made a start. Getting into couples. As far we weren't a number for couple and there was someone who said she never danced seviallanas before - Neta came to be her couple. I found mself with the man.

The next step - Neta asked Ilan to come and dance after all. With her for showing how it meant to be. He didn't mean to take a part in the workshop, but in the end Neta asked him to be the partner of the girl who never danced it before. We took some steps and made a practice on it. The lights has gone. We still danced. One light of Exit has turned on. Neta liked it cause it makes something. Someone said it will be cool to dance in the dark till the end. Ilan got out to fix it. The light got back with him. 

Dancing step by step. Huston, we've got a problem..... I'm rusty and not all went well. My partner didn't help much. Well, he didn't help at all. I had the worst partner. He signed like he doesn't understand much. It felt like he doesn't understand at all. In the few first times we made the turn between us - his hands came to the wrong places over my body. After a while we took some distance. He let himself to fix me all the time like he do it great and understand. 

When we danced all - we've been asked to change partners, all accept Ilan. I was glad, but all changed and I still had the same partner.  Ilan has been asked to take his partner and teach her closer to the mirror. We danced over and over. 

And we learned a way to finish it. Neta said that when you know the beat and rules - you can do anything and it will look different every time. She showed us few options to end the sevillanas and was teaching one. We danced all twice. 

When the workshop ended she asked me if isn't it cool that I danced with a man. 

i went to change again and ran to see the show

No comments:

Post a Comment