Saturday, March 16, 2013

The main show, Días de flamenco 2013

Well, I take too much time to write about it.

Came there less people that I know and came some that it was clear they came to see David Broza. Couple who came for David Broza sat next to me. I think it was the first time they saw a man who dance flamenco. This and the way they looks like... No other reasons for the way they reacted when Juan de Juan was on stage. 

It started with Juan de Juan. who danced alone with no music. There was a little light on the stage itself. It was a short part and amazing. With his talent and this light it had an affect of mystery. I could enjoy it more if the couple next to me could shut up. It was with no respect of them - I was afraid that Juan de Juan hear them, and the fact that I heard them for sure....

After that - Niño Josele and Piraña got to stage. They made two parts. It had a great sound. Still, near the end of this part I found out that behind me there are more people who came for David Broza. They came with a child. I heard the child ask loud where is David. They told her to keep on silence. At least she listened to this. 

Juan de Juan got back to stage. He made another part, this time with the music of Niño Josele and El Piraña. One more great part. I started to wonder why didn't the workshop in the morning didn't look this way. 

Juan de Juan took off stage. David Broza came to the stage. Some others were really happy. I don't have anything against him, but I never was crazy for him. And this is before reminding that although his music has influence from Spain - he never made flamenco before. He play a guitar and sings. For a start - he only played his guitar. A full instruments part. I was surprised that he could fit himself in this part to the pure flamenco of Niño Josele and El Piraña.

After that - David Broza forgot he isn't in an ordinary show of his. He the audience who are the musicians (yeah, it was for those who came for him - unlike for those who normally come to this place to see flamenco). He had to say the Niño Josele is on the guitar and Piraña is on the percussion. He also said "Juan de Juan". In this part he didn't say what does he do. Juan de Juan came back to stage with calling his name. He sat in a chair that was there near David Broza. He started dancing. One more amazing part of him. After a while - David Broza was talking in a musical way in the back. It a bit remind me horror movies, but that was pretty cool. 

Next part was a too long [art of making songs of David Broza in a flamenco way. The first song was one that I hate. It was still in Hebrew although the flamenco music. And a song which I do love came after that, still in Hebrew. Juan de Juan came back to stage, danced a bit, David Broza started to sing in a weird accent, and when Juan de Juan made the salida - David Broza started to sing in Arabic. It was an interesting twist. Still, this song and this part of dancing was too short. The songs of David Broza with no dancing. Next song was in a version made in Spanish. Although it's his song - I already heard before a flamenco version in Spanish made by another. And few more songs and back to Hebrew. And again he made a try to say something between the songs and nothing came out of it. This part was hard and long for me.

When those songs were finally over - David Broza took off his guitar and let it on his chair. He stood in the middle of stage. Someone near me asked id now he's about to dance. I don't know if it was a real thing or that the question has been asked THAT loud. David Broza made few steps. It only showed that he shouldn't fight with Juan de Juan about who's the real dancer there. His steps were hardly in a beginners' level. Ok, after this joke - he started to sing in a-cappella style. It was a nice song of him which did sound good this way. Juan de Juan got back to stage and danced near David Broza. He's killing me! It was so beautiful. Some of the time David Broza sang in this part and some of the time he just stood there and looked. Niño Josele ans El Piraña Joined them after a while. There was a new part to the sing itself. The whole thing was great, but could be better. The problem was that for a person who learn flamenco and saw a lot of flamenco outside classes too - I could notice how much David Broza isn't used to sing for dancers. It was too clear he is a singer, but not a flamenco style. Few times he missed and started sinning when Juan de Juan didn't finish the parts that called the singer to start sinning. And there was a part that Juan de Juan took David Broza in a way it was clear that it's for a salida of both of them. I mean - for me it was clear. The guy who sat next to me thought it's funny cause it's first time he see flamenco dancer (and I'm not sure how much brain this guy has in his head). 

So, that's it. Juan de Juan danced a bit more as fin la fiesta. None of the others made a try. 

In the bottom line: Juan de Juan is a wonderful dancer and I love seeing him on stage. El Piaña and Niño Josele made a great job as well, although I didn't give them enough attention. It was mostly because in the parts with Juan de Juan - that was the main thing in my eyes and he was THAT amazing in each moment on stage. About David Broza... I could give up on most of the things he did there. I did give him attention because of the mess it made here with the community of flamenco lovers 

No comments:

Post a Comment