Sunday, March 24, 2013

Before the holiday

Tomorrow night starts another Jewish holiday (one which I dislike, but no one ask me with it), so we'll have a brake now from the regular classes. Still, one more class before the brake. 

It was one more class with Andreu. Not all were in the medium level class, but someone who didn't come for a while came back. After one thing in Facebook I wondered if to start a conversation with her. Between classes - I had to choose. I started a conversation with Andreu. Our class was meant to start. Some noises in the back of the studio. The "ballerina" is the second one in the last few months in the studio that her boyfriend asked to get married with her. Poor guy...... But I guess he fits her. She told how did he ask from her - through text messages in the mobile phone and something which remind a riddle. Very "romantic".....

One more thing before our class starts - Neta said she's pleased that although the holiday starts tomorrow - we all came. All made a brake from preparing the cooking for the holiday and came. I asked her if there is a better way to celebrate than dancing flamenco. She said there ain't - this is the best way. The girl from Haifa came. We started legs' warming. The "ballerina" got too close to me. The daughter came in the middle and the kido stopped for a hug. 

After a short warming - we made a practice on one little part of legs in our alegria. It's a small part from the big part which is hardest for me in the alegria (accept few things with the manton). After a while - we had to make it in couples, but not to the end. We did got into couples through the way we stood, but each couple made it as one makes the palmas and the other one dance alone. The kids for a start. After that - my friend and the nice one. I didn't like the idea with who do I get into a couple. Yeah... The "ballerina".... All made mistakes before us. Once it was the palmas, once the dancing... When it came our turn - I didn't even ask what does she prefer to do first - I was too afraid to dance alone this part although I start to get it. I started the palmas. Andreu joined with the guitar. As the respond of Neta and the "ballerina" - they didn't see it come. This time I was sure that I will get a lot of fixing on my palmas, but it was the "ballerina" who received many fixings. It took a long time to fix all. My mind started wondering. Only then I got this kind of "Orna - get into the beat!". Oh... Sorry. I guess. And I have to dance. I was still a bit wondering and the start was lame. Neta started it with me and I looked. After a while - she let me do it alone again. No many fixings and the turn moved over. I think she was sorry for me and didn't want to push too hard. Last couple didn't do it perfect, one more turn of just a short fixing and move over.

Now taking our mantons and dance all the alegria. Neta took a chair and sat for looking at us. We danced all twice. I surprised myself - although I still didn't do it perfect - I felt I'm doing it much better. Even in the hardest parts for me with the manton - I made it like it's easy. It was include the entrada. I looked at Neta to know if she saw it. No, she looked at others. Damn, just when I finally make it! In the second time there was a part which still I didn't do good enough, but it was better than I usually make it. Practice can make wonders. 

So we did stop for practice some little things. Some of the time Neta showed us what she mean, most of time she sat and looked. She wasn't on her best and was too tired for keep on standing. Neta said we already have 7 minutes of alegria. My friend said it feels much shorter and our dance is too short. The nice one said it feels to her like forever. We were meant to go one with it for a part of buleria, but it will wait again, probably because of the condition of Neta. 

Once again to dance all we have. I was too pleased from the getting better, it was end of day and class, and I came tired too. This time - getting down again and the same mistakes with the manton. In this part - Neta did look. Great.......

Before the end we made it more clear with the manton - few parts with it. Neta said we all looks confuse what comes first in few points. 

This time I wasn't the last one in the studio. Few still were there when I left. I said goodbye and wished a happy holiday. It was weird - the "ballerina" was pleased to answer, my friend didn't respond.......

No comments:

Post a Comment