Friday, July 6, 2012

After the show of Yael Horwitz

I guess that it will happen this way every time that I see a flamenco show which based on a singer. I mean to the fact that I never saw anything like this before..... For a start - many of the people who came are not the usual audience, at least compares to flamenco dance shows. Many are grown ups people. All were waiting outside cause it was early and doors closed. While I was waiting with them - I heard people who say "hello" to others. Neta was behind me and other girls were talking with her on their dance trips. Two of them got it that say saw me before and said "hello" to me as wel, what made Neta notice as well that I'm there. Weird. I'm sure I saw them in workshops before. The entrance to the place took in two parts and I didn't have luck - I was in the second round and no signed places to anyone. The first round took some place around the tables and I wasn't sure it won't be rude to join any of them. I found a place which was pretty near the stake, but very in the side. And front the door. I thought it's the less worst from what have left. In a way I still do, but it was very difficult. It was full and some have been sitting on the stairs. For Neta has been saved a place with someone else with a table close too. I saw further someone that I used to know for a short time. He was with someone who I can't get what does she do with him. They both looked at me as well... I can't remember what did I do this moment - looking at the weirdos who came or sending some text messages, but I heard someone calls my name. It was Einat Schacham. i asked her about a new show that I heard that she's about to have. I have a start of information now about it, but will have all in the future. Another dancer was there as well. I won't say who cause of what she did after the show (and I'm not sure that it will be written with her name in a blog). At least the show has started in a small late (it could be worse). First came the players. Accept a guitar player (Adriano Lozano) and a cajon player (Moy Natanzon) there were some more musicians. Eran Horwitz on a bass guitar, a percussion player (which I can;t remember his name although he was good), and keyboard player who I didn't really notice about his talent, and a guy from Spain called Antonio Lizana Coca who played sax, a bit on a flute and sang as well between things. Yael Came to stage from outside at all. The door of the hall was open all show. It has started with two rumba flamenco songs. A real fun start. First thing that I noticed about her - I heard some short parts from some of her songs through the internet. On the net it was promising, but in live she sounds even better. It was enough to come to hear this for making it worth. While this time I understood why does the place that I sat in wasn't perfect - people were going out and back, taking beers and such. And photographers who moved there. One stopped in front a guy who was near me and disturbed him. Quit in the start she made a song which originally is a song in Hebrew from the '80 and she made it to flamenco in mostly Spanish (and a bit Hebrew in the end). And a song in French with a flamenco version. I heard before something in the idea, but it will wait to another time. After very few songs - a weird thing happened. Yael made a sign with the hand and said quietly "one moment" and went out from the hall. One musical part without any song. When they finished - she got back and it was like nothing happened, only asked the people on the stairs if they're ok. It didn't take too long till one photographer got on his knees near me. Someone was on her way out and I got her fingers in my shoulder for a long time. She stumbled because his legs. He didn't move at all. For her - too long till her fingers went out my shoulder. After few more songs - Yael received a chair and sat down. She told about the idea of next song. It was one more cover version to a song in Hebrew which has been translated to flamenco and to Spanish. It was a solea that only Adriano Lozano played to her. Moved on to another solea with only a guitar. Near the end of the second solea - Moy Natanzon stood up. He and Antonio Lizana Coco made palmas. It was an amazing part. The chair moved over and the show got back to happy palos. Near the end she said that next part has been written by the cute Antonio Lizana Coco. It was a tango that this time he sang and she made the back vocals. He is good at least as she with sinning and it was a fun part as well. less fun - I started to feel a chair in my back. An old woman felt good to take her shoes off and put a leg on one of the plastic chairs which got to me. I heard last class that she has started as a dancer. It had a little place in the show. The buleria part came. In a part she didn't sing - she made few dance steps and got back sinning. When the song was over but music still goes on - few more steps. It looked very elegant. The audience got all show with hysterical claps. In some parts of show - some made jaleo. So Yael if we want one more. There was a shout of "yes!". One more song and they gone. I went against people to come to Neta and Einat for more details and say goodbye. The girls who talked with Neta in the start looked at me and I looked back in a wondering look of "we know from somewhere for sure, but where?". So the dancer who I won't tell her name was buisy in smoking around (I guess that a regular nicotine) near the end. After show near the door outside building - she and one another girl were with a table covered with CD's in a mess. I guess that I still prefer to wait buying it in the store

No comments:

Post a Comment