Thursday, July 12, 2012

About the CD

So, I guess it's about time. I can write about the CD of Yael Horwitz. Her first CD which called Latido. As I said - it includes a bit of Hebrew in it. I'm glad it's only a small part cause it's a bit hard for me. It also has a song in French with flamenco music (a cover version to Ne Me Quitte Pas). It is nice to hear it on a buleria instead of a chanson although it isn't a new thing. Eva Duran made few years ago a cover version to one of the biggest hit of Edith Piaf. In the case of Eva Duran - it also has been traslated to Spanish, a thing that didn't happen here. Accept that - it sounds like a gipsy sings pure flamenco. In other words - I love most of it (whatever sounds gipsy), but few other things will take some time to get used. Two more covers in this CD that I have two different things to say about. Both are Israeli songs that I remember from my childhood. I don't hate those songs, but I never got crazy for them. One keeps it's name in Hebrew - At Li Laila. Well, in this version it sounds better to my ears, but I still need some time have an opinion how much it sounds better (it still don't comes natural to me). Other one has been translated to Spanish to the end. Yael has sang it in the show - one of the parts of hers with the solo guitar. It was one of the best parts in the show for my opinion (although NOT the only great part). In the show I understood it sounds familiar, but it took me some time to connect to the original version. Well, about this version I can say it makes a grace to the song. I just LOVE this version! In the translate to Spanish and flamenco it called Un Ramito De Violetas. The original version made by a musician most of the Israelis love - David Broza. In a short version to all - I love most of the CD, but few little parts are bit difficult to my ears (and maybe it's only my problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment