Thursday, March 7, 2013

One more week at Suzanne



Next Thursday at Suzanne Dellal, Tel Aviv will start Días de Flamenco 2013. 3 days of pure flamenco. Well, almost pure. In the main show this year it will include 3 pure flamencos from Spain - Juan de Juan, Niño Josele and El Piraña. With them on the same stage in the same show will take a part the guitar player/singer David Broza. He makes a lot of music in a Spanish style, but he never was a flamenco artist. I hope that the pure flamencos will drag it to a real pure thing. 

And of course - as every year it will include a workshop at Friday morning. I know it's full booked now, but I'm glad to say that I'm one of those who filled the book. As far as Juan de Juan is the dancer who comes this year from Spain - he will give the workshop.  

As it's always - Saturday morning will be full in flamenco made in Israel. Once in two year - there is also a contest. This year will be contest. The last part will be in the gala - last evening, last time of the main show in the festival will include the last ones who can make it and get the first place (and some learning through Adi Foundation who makes this party every year).

Next Friday I would spend some hours at Suzanne Dellal (I will see the main show at Friday evening). A bit afraid, but I do aware that I must go there. I'm a bit afraid cause I never learned from him and I still don't know if it's for me, and the fact the main show includes an Israeli man that I can only hope that will make it flamenco. Still I'm sure I'l be angry for myself if I won't go. As I saw videos - Juan de Juan have a great chance to get into my getting longer list of flamencos that I REALLY love, so I can't miss him if he comes. And this festival is a thing that I found myself wait for every year, and enjoy it every year - no matter who comes. Now - second time since I started to write La Reina De La Luna + that I could write about this festival in real time and not a years after it happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment