Wednesday, May 2, 2012

1st May class

After years that 1st of May was mostly a day that people here remembers it meaning, but don't do a thing about it. Now it's here again. I received a ride this time to class, but looks like I could get the studio faster if I went by foot. There were two demonstrations in Tel Aviv and I got the studio when the class was meant to start. Maybe a bit after... I sent a text message to Neta for I won't disturb the other class and she still will know that I'm about to come. The studio is in an area of a school. Last two years it was in the same school, but a different studio. Many kids with their parents. I finally got the studio - no flamenco but more kids with parents. I called Neta. She asked me if I'm in the studio of this year. I said that I am. She told me it's about to happen this time in the old studio. I came there the fastest that I could (includes going up many stairs cause there is no elevator). A video class. Half dark, a TV and a bench. The other one who always comes was sitting and already had her flamenco shoes on. One of the medium level class was there and was sitting with her. I apologized, was throwing my things near the bench and sat down. I took my water out, made my hair like it's always in classes... I wasn't sure it to change. It didn't matter to me this moment anyway. I just wanted to be there and if it's a video time - flamenco skirt can wait. The other one wanted to give a DVD that she have for watching a farruca of Sara Baras. It was a weird machine - it was possible to do a "play", but no choosing which part. I came to see if I find the right buttons, but it really didn't have any of those. So, as far as she doesn't like Sara Baras and no choosing parts - she said we'll see what there is and no what is was meant (parts of palos that comes on 4). Before we really started Neta asked me how long we're together. Not the first time, but... I remind her that it's the 6th year. Neta asked if that's all. I said it feels longer and started to laugh. Neta agreed it feels this way. So - a DVD she have. It was mostly with alegrias and solea por buleria with three dancers: Andrés Peña Morón, Domingo Ortega and Rafael Campallo (in this line). Neta already showed before parts of them in other times but as I remember - it was something else of them. About Andrés Peña Morón - I start to be sure that I love his style. Talent he has for sure. In one part I found myself say quietly "ole". Neta did in the same time. About Domingo Ortega - it was an amazing part, one of the best that I saw of him. The "house father" came. Neta asked him about another DVD player or any thing that can help to choose parts. He said that they don't have there anything else. In both parts Neta asked us to say what we see (what makes the dance in each part). I usually was right, but I got confused once... Oops. And we needed to do the palmas. Neta asked me to sit different once and was watching at me. And the part of Rafael Campallo. He is good indeed, but I'm not sure that I'm crazy for him. He didn't make me feel anything which isn't a good sign. Then was a part of fin la fiesta with a buleria. Two tables, the players and one of the singers near one table, the dancers near the other - all knock on the tables the beat. One other singer was standing between and started to sing. And the dancers got up and made a little part of fin la fiesta - each in a turn, the same turn - Andrés, Domingo, Rafael... I thought that both Andrés and Domingo made cool things in this part, but I still couldn't be amazed from Rafael although he made it very well too. I'm probably broken... And a flamenco in a tango beat part of all of them. It wasn't a fin la fiesta, but it was a thing to "end" it nice. The musicians and singers were behind and made the live music. From the dark it was possible to see short solos of three dancers in a different turn and then three of them in the light and do the same dance together. It was so beautiful. It was possible to see the same thing in three different styles at once. And three of them were amazing (yeah, Rafael made me feel something this time almost like the two others). We have been asked to do the palmas again. Easy this time. The girl from medium level class has started to use her phone. In the end of this DVD she said she have to go. Oh, what's the time? We have 15 more minutes for class. Neta said it isn't enough for starting to dance now, so she will let us see one more thing. The other one was a bit disappointed cause she was with her flamenco shoes. Neta let us see from another DVD a part of Pastora Galvan dance solea por buleria. It isn't the first time that I see it in those classes. This time I started to enjoy it more. And a little more from this DVD before we go. And the name of Eva Yerbabuena was in the air. Neta said that she really loves her - her and Rocío Molina. I told her that those are two reasons for she will finally see the movie Flamenco, Flamenco of Carlos Saura. I told her about the part of Rocío. Neta asked me if Belén is there too. I told her that this time no... She didn't like the answer. On the way back I went by foot and no sign for the mess that was earlier in the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment