Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The party

OK. There are some sad news around here in Israel since this evening, but it more about kids I never met and without connection to flamenco.  I got a little energy. (less than I should). Some stress I had last days moved over at class and with a little conversation I had before it. It's about time to tell about the party from Friday afternoon. Too many stories, too little time.

Mijal said something that she wants us to dance the liviana she was teaching till recently, but we didn't have the time to practice. Friday morning I was watching the video for I could remember it well. By the way Ilan was calling me. Recently he helped me and I promised him a cup of coffee as a gratitude. At the end we were talking we'll meet before the party for that and we'll go on together to the studio after that. He called to say he will be late in a bit. 

So, a lot of mess and a lot of stress. Even after telling we;ll meet a little later - I came running again for the meeting. He was already there. Because of hour I ordered to myself also a little thing to eat. At least we had enough time to talk without any stress and no one who get into our conversation. It looks like we both missed it. After all time he didn't walked home with me after classes we  didn't have anything like this. I finally heard him say something it was nice and we should do it again. Great! this is the reason I loved that he came with me after classes...! More for the company. At the moment we meant to go - two strange women (to me) called him. He hugged them and was talking with them. I already meant to go. A moment before I started to feel like a fool he called me to come for introduce between me and the two others. I heard few things. After we really started to go - I asked him about it. He had a story which shocked me. I won't tell it here, too personal. By the way I told him that my sinning teacher complains that I don't try that anyone will hear me sing accept her. So, if he doesn't mind... He accepted. Since I started to learn = that was the first try anyone heard me me sing outside the classes. It was a bit difficult cause I made it by walking and without to warm my vocal cords. He said the same thing that my teacher say - only different words. I do it too much to myself and need to pull it out more. When we got close to the studio he made a try to give a lesson too how to pull out the sinning. We came to the studio. Ayelet, Moran and Hadas got out from the path's gate. Ayelet said they made rehearsals all morning. Ilan said "we were busy". He's been asked how. By talking with me....

Got into the studio. Almost all was ready, just to take care for the food and drinks. I brought a bottle of wine and some cups. I forgot to bring a wine opener. Mijal said that must be one at the studio. Vlada who was there said it's a studio of drinkers, so must be one. Before looking for one - we've changed. I asked Ilan to show him a video on my camera. He saw it. A moment before it was over - something weird happened to my camera and it was impossible to see anything no matter what I tried. I told Ilan that I want a photo with him and we'll probably need his phone for that. He accepted but asked to wait with the photo. We made a try to help organize while more people came. And looking for the wine opener. Only me and another one brought wines, still no opener. Half studio made a try to look. A moment before we supposed to start - the friend of the happy one found at the kiosk near the studio. She was stressed to do it fast because she promised to return it. The bottle got open. She, Ilan and me were the first to drink this wine. And cheers! Few more took it. Mijal wanted to try too. The bottle I brought got empty very fast since it got open. At least that! The wine I brought was from a kind I knew is good and I was glad people enjoy it. 

The studio was full. Mijal and girls from her company teach not only at Tel Aviv,  also in three more other places. And many kids with their parents, not only from my Wednesday group. The girls I didn't know were dressed up like flamencas and with make up. There was another woman who I know a bit, mostly through facebook, met her once or twcie at workshops and once or twice at shows. From Neta's studio who also go to Mijal - only me and Ilan came. From men's class - the only men were Ilan and guy who started few months ago and wasn't really ready. Mijal didn't like that the men who're a part her company for years won't come. On the wall was the order of dances. I told Mijal I was watching the video with the liviana. She said that she gave up on it because we didn't practice it for too long. I didn't notice the buleria althought it was written next to the end. Ilan kissed with some of the girls (on cheek).

The party has started at a late of a half an hour. For a start Mijal called Ayelet, Lia and Vlada to stand next to her. She told three of them helps her to teach. They teach the women's groups at other places and the kids' groups. 

Dances has started. Mijal chaned the lights for the lights when there is a tablao at the studio. First were the kids. They are so cute! Ilan went to the balcony and I came to join him there. Somehow I missed and forgot few dances. We agreed it will be better to wait for our turn down. At the last dance of kids - one of the girls looked unhappy. By dancing another girl teased her a bit and pushed her a bit. At the finale she forgot were to stand and other girls pushed her. I was so sorry for her. 

Two more dances - one of girls who are at their second and third year (the Wednesday group which starts when mine finished). And a guajira of two from a group of another place. One of them was the woman I know. They didn't dance alone - Vlada who teach them was dancing with them. The happy one came to look. Our turn. The escuela bolera. I pulled Ilan's hand. I went to stand near the dancing floor and did't dare to go. Moran signed me to get in. Totally afraid I got into the dancing floor. After me all 5 others. Danced the escuela bolera. I felt at least once or twice that I'm a bit late, but I still kept dancing, faked all is well and even smiled from time to time. The kneeling - I made perfect. I was happy with myself. And... Oh no... I'm getting old! I couldn't get up! I made it non elegant and used my hands to get up while others kept dancing. I made it to do few moves for the end. Pulling down fast the castanets. Ofir came in and gave me some time. Mijal said it's great cause now he will sing and all could see improvisation. Ofir and the guitar player didn't meet before. I ran back to the dancing floor for the solea. Ofir went to change for something elegant although Mijal said he doesn't have to. This show wasn't official, so I let myself to talk with Ayelet till all ready. I asked her to stand in a place I'll see her (never mind it looked like she meant to) for she will be my backup. She smiled. We started to dance. Because I invited only one for coming and watching it but she couldn't come. So, no one came for me. That meant that the person there who I really wanted  to see me me dancing was Ilan. I was looking for his eyes and I couldn't see him. I guess it's because of the watm lighrs on the dancing floor. The end was a little longer cause of the sinning. We stood and looked at the musicians till it was over. The audience loved us. Ilan said I was good. I asked him if he looked and if I did well. Yes, he looked and I was well. 

One more dance. One of classes for professionals. Ilan said that he doesn't know who the looking girl. I showed him. I told him that I hate her. He said that he knows that and I hate everybody. I don't...! And the siguiryia of men. Mijal told the audience that it's a group that started as a men's group and now it's men and woman. It has started with something which some made a thing and others go on with it. It looked beautiful. And a mess. For a moment I wondered if it mean to be this way. Ilan made something weird and gave up. The rest he was looking form the side. The other guy also stopped and looked from a different place. Only girls danced for the men. It finished. I asked Ilan what happened. His answer was "Orna, don't talk with me now!". He and the other guy went out. Ilan got back for the buleria. I noticed I suppose to be there while music has started. I didn't miss much. I stood next to Moran. There is a point near the end which all of us learned, almost non of us remembered the moment before. Palmas instead. Moran, Hadas  and Ayelet who takes those classes till the buleria still danced it. It's a buleria from David and Bat Sheva, so it's easy for them. Near the end I noticed that so did Vlada who's in the company but don't take those classes was dancing with us. At the end which not all of us learned yet - Ayelet, Moran, Hadas and Vlada were dancing. All of us went stood in a line next to the windows and made them palams. We didn't practice doing this way, but... And sevillanas for whoever want. Hadas asked to do it with me (I guess that this was what she was saying).I told her that I don't remember it well. She went away from the dancing floor. Three and a half couples were dancing. Ilan and me still stood next to the windows. He joined them after a while. The couples has been mixed between them. 

The end. I asked for the photo. Ilan took his phone and asked the other guy from men's class to take a photo. He took. We didn't like much the way we looked in it. Ilan asked him to take another one and we changed a bit our place and standing. The second photo was much better. Ilan sent me the better one. It looks like this:


We helped a bit to take some order at the studio (mostly him). Mijal was talking with a mother of one of the kids. When she finished I thanked her and by the way I said it's a shame that my gran finale at the escuela bolea looked this way. She said that she saw it, but accept that I was good. I said that I'm getting old and that was the problem. She got into her office. The mother heard this conversation. She told me that she thinks I was charming and inspiring. Thanks! But I didn't feel it all the time. 

I was waiting for Ilan. He was kissing again with some girls. He needed a bus next to the the gate. I was waiting with him till his bus came. And by the way I asked him how come that I invite him for coffee and kisses all other girls but me. He didn't think much and said that he got a photo with me and no one else 

No comments:

Post a Comment