Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I have a wining buleria! (yeah, I'm also shocked from it)

So, I was half dead till I came too much before time and got back again. Not a good start at all... Outside I saw the new nice one talks with someone (I wonder how didn't I recognize in the start who was the other one in the conversation). Inside - still no one in the studio. The person who works there and open/close the place was there. He couldn't tell me anything. He said that he didn't see Neta, but the studio was in the dark and if Neta is there - she probably went out to drink some coffee. I went out and asked the new nice one if Neta said something. She answered me that no one from the beginners came and no one told Neta about it. Because she was already there - she went to drink some coffee and she's about to come back any moment. Then I noticed who was the other one - it was the fat woman.

We got in. while putting down our stuff - the assistant came and didn't understand what happened. I went out to change. The bimbo also came. When I got back to the studio - a talk about the homework we had has started. Ilan made a some kind of entrance and had what to say. In the end - there was a problem for all to make it, at least a part of it because of a mistake. 

The class has started. We had a short legs' warming. Right after - making our combination of steps. As a start - parts of it, after that - all from the start to the end few times. Neta took a seat near the mirror, took a broom's stick to make us the beat and .... Gee... Am I the only one who feels like a part in "Fame"? A man with his little daughters (I think they are his daughters) came. In the start they were next to the door, after that they took a place one the benches. They looked us for a long time and looked amazed most of the time. There was a part that one of the girls had her hands on her ears. I guess she isn't used to this kind of "noise". About me... I'm getting better with it, but as a walking dead - once Neta had to fix me cause I didn't use my hands good enough. The man and his kids went away a moment before we ended this part. Andreu came. He received a very happy welcome. He left his guitar inside the studio and went out after while. Once Ilan took a bit took a little too much verve and almost pulled me out of game near the end of legs' part. We started laughing. We both too crazy for a mental hospital... When we finished - he said that he almost pulled me out. I said that he should be careful cause I'm contagious. He said that he got too much into my space. Welcome to the club! All here are this way.   

And dancing the siguiryia. All of it. We made it twice or three times with a brake between to "clean" the newest part. We still don't start it from the real start of the music, not yet. In the second time Neta took the music almost to the start and we all started together before the time. We all started to laugh and got relax in time for start dancing again from the right point in music. This time - two were missing. It still felt like I have to move from time to time to get a piece of mirror, but it was much less disturbing than last week. 

A time to get an end for our siguiryia. After what we already had - there is just a bit more music. We took a part of what we already have - something with three "parts" that we do twice in two other ways. We all stand while Ilan and the tall (she doesn't know yet cause she wasn't there today) takes the first part. After that - I do the second part with the bimbo and the fat woman. The third part - we all do together. After a little practice on it I said to Ilan it looks like a little promoting for me. He said that I got it cause I wanted. And the going out from stage (when we;ll have it) - three parts again while I'm taking the second part (again), but this time with the assistant. 

The snobbish was already waiting. The improvisation group was all there. Andreu has been called in. We started our together parts of buleria. All made mistakes till it's done right. And we really start - we have to make some jaleo If we don't - Neta tells us how wrong it is. I saved them. They all were in silence. I started to make jaleo in the first time and they all started to make jaleo as well. In the second (or was it third?) - they have been in silence again, I started jaleo. They started after me, but this time it wasn't just joining me - half the time was it was including repeating me in the same jaleo! Hey, I'm dead if you didn't notice! I don't have to remember anything! How did I become the one who remind others?

Then we had some time. We had to think how do we make our solo bulerias. From now - we can't change a thing unless we want to make one more bonus or we'll have something different in the music. Some made a try to keep the brake a little longer. Neta was worry mostly because of me and what I'm about to do. I wasn't sure that I have something in the same length she wants and her worry is contagious. 

The solo parts has started. Neta remind us that from now on - whatever we'll do this evening will stay as our base and will change only if something different will happen in the music or in case we'll feel lucky. Still she said it's clear that each one of us has built something and each one of us has a buleria in mind which we feel lucky to change from time to time. Now we'll keep what we have in minds unless......

I won't get into to how horrible it looked. All - one by one made mistakes with no end, in case they did try something. I will only get into the mistake of the assistant. It was too stupid. She asked if she can do only one markaje (a kind of stpes and hands' moving). Neta said she can. Still - it isn't a start of dance. So the assistant got into the circle and started the markaje. It didn't move on to anything else, only to hands' movements which looked less and less like flamenco. Neta asked what's going on. The assistant said that Neta accepted that she will do only one like this. Fine, but what happened to the other parts of dance? The assistant didn't get what's wrong. She made a try only after many tries of Neta to tell her to make a full buleria, even if it will include one markaje. And the laughs of everyone (accept Neta and Andreu who probably were too shocked). 

My turn to get into the bonfire. After the horror show we had till now and because Neta was worry about me - I was afraid. How terrible can I be? I made a try to think of the positive things: at least Andreu was there and it makes me easier when I hear the guitar. At least it was already the end of time, so even if I'll be terrible - Neta won't have much time to crucify me. I made a try. Once again - I made a mistake which I do from time to time - in the start I made a try to get in with signs for the singer before time. It was only one little moment before, but enough to stress me that Neta fixed me right away. Go on, don't stop dancing, don't show you're afraid... I made something simple as usual, but something which I know that I can do with no much stress and I like. I finished. I was still ready for a short crucify. Instead of a crucify Neta said it was excellent. She and at least half of the students clapped their hands for me. Really? Was I THAT good? What a relief! 

In the way out - the assistant asked Andreu how does he accept to play for retorted like us. I didn't like that she said "us". I saw only one there who I can call this way - the one who asked this question. He said he used to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment