Saturday, July 30, 2011

So, how was it?

I had the end of the year party yesterday. I guess that it's for the best I won't write all at once.
I took 3 classes this year (second year on a row) and had 3 different dances in our show. Where I learn - every year we make a party in the end which includes a show that the students makes for the families and friens. As far as we are not proffecional dancers, it's for for close people who we don't won't to disturb - we pay for the rent of the place, bring some food and drinks, and our guests don't have to pay a thing to see us. I'm not sure I have photos from the performing itself. From my family not all could come, a friend of mine that her husband takes wonderful photos of dance couldn't come nigther. Two other friends of mine came, and I think it was mostly videos. Last year we paid more money for a profecional video. This year - something like half the girld didn't want to pay more for that. From my family I could ask for a video or photos this year. I wanted photos, but I prefered to have  a video to remember all steps and music even years from now.
This year I started to learn to dance with bata de cola, which was the middle dance I was on stage. We all came early for last reahrsals. On the rehearsal I was good most of time. On the first dance - tango de malaga - I had to dance near someone I hate. I already learned with her before to dance Sevillanas. Already than she had to say her words of "wisdom" and gave me a good reason to stay far away from her. This year she gave me some other reasons which showed how jealous and crazy she is. In the bowl - the girls needed to notice to my sign. On the classes they didn't notice most of times and puted the blame on me. Another girl wanted to take from me the sign making. I think it's mostly because she's a control freak. This time on reahrsal the teacher saw herself I'm the right one. I finished the bowl and some girls stayed standing, inclueds the @#%! near me.   The teacher finally saw it too and told the @#%! to look - here I finished and she do nothing. On the show it wasn't much better. Some did notice my sign, while she and some others didn't do a thing. 
The bata de cola - palo of guajira - was a second one for me. We were 6 girls in the end of the year. The stage was small, so we did it in two groups of three girls. We almost were 7, but the jealous one was too affraid and didn't want to make it in the show. Never mind, if she were - she couldn't do it better than me, but it was with a skirt she stole from me in the start of the year. I asked esspecially to be in the first group - just to see that I made it and it's behind me. I was affraid too, but I didn't want to give up. on the reahrsal it was a bit messy, but could be worse.
Than was the thid dance for me. On the show - the guitarist was playing a part without any dance, but for me the next step was to take my last part in the show - right after that. A beatiful but very difficult solea. We did this one 2-3 times on the reahrsal. Once was good, other time was terrible. My teacher liked it. She said something like "bad reahrsal - good show".
After I finished my reahrsals - I went out a bit. I saw that one of my friends already came and I wanted to talk with her. Few minutes before the show: another girl from the tango de malaga had to say something about my dress. Another one (the control freak) took some photos. I'm not sure if I can and should upload the 2 with me. My teacher tried to make us a bit more relax. And than she asked me to put the bata de cola on my dress instead of changing all clothes - just to make it faster.I accepted, but.... Although I have a lot of respect for  her and I love her - no one is perfect and every human makes some mistakes. That was a big mistake.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment