Sunday, July 31, 2011

The show itself

In the end I had four people who came to see me: one of my sisters (who made a video), one of my aunts and two friends of mine. One of my friends came a little late, but it isn't matter to me. The first dance was of the class of begginers. The were really good, mostly for the fact they started this year...
My friend who was late came on time to see me from the moment I came on stage. Tango de Malaga which I took a part on was the next dance. I made it pretty good, but I'm not sure I made it perfect. I'm still affraid to see my mistakes in the video... In the bowl  started the real problems.  I finished it, some girls looked at my sign and made it with me. The @#$% didn't and some couldn't notice to me. Some just stood... I didn't got up again till I saw they all did the bowl.
My second dance: guajira. I wish I was changing all clothes. My teacher talked outside and told about it enough time, but she wanted me to hurry. Some girls in the dressing room were pretty shock to see me put the bata de cola skirt on the dress. I probably got a bit thinner recently cause I could do it without any problem and was fit. Still - my dress is pretty hot (long sleeves and lots of fabric inside), the bata de cola is VERY hot, takeing both together... And the it was hard to feel the aircondition anyway. And all clothes together were very VERY heavy. And I hardly practiced this dance this way. It was very hard. Not much after I returned to stage I tought I'm about to die in front of the audions. There were also a part which I felt I had a war with the skirt....
After that - changing again the clothes. Put off the bata and put on a shwal on instead. The guitarist made a part without any dance. Than I returned with with some girls to dance solea. I couldn't do it very well I'm affraid. I was already tierd, it's a very difficult one and I'm not sure that I ready. I didn't give up. I had some mistakes. And in the middle I felt the swet on my face. I wanted to go down from stage for I could clean up the swet.
The show go on. I went out through the dressing room and tunnels. I stayd with my flamenco dress. A wonderful profecional dancer made a solo part. I had the luck to learn with her - since my third year till the midlle of this year. She was learning few months in Sevilla last year, so it wasn't all the 2 and half years. I say I had this luck because she is an amazing dancer and a sweet person. I retuned to see her. I saw her from the balcony part for the viewers. I didn't was to dsturb anyone. After she finished and my teacher invited the second group of bata de cola - I went down to seat with my guests. Well... I forgot how much noise my flamecno shoes can make... My sister, my aunt and frineds looked at me. And some other people who I don't know. Oops... After I set again the other girls went and performed.
Than it was the suppose to be a little brake, but there wasn't. A dancer from my teacher's group couldn't come. My teacher and the other profecional dancer made a part. They were great
In the end - my teacher asked all her students to return to stage. She gave all of us little gifts. Sweet, isn't?
After all - I has few photos with my friends and my teacher whike I'm still in the flamenco dress (and so di my teacher). My friends said I was great, but I didn't feel I was. My aunt saw me dance in the first time, although it wasn't the forst time I was performing with the class in the end of the year. She gave me many complements - to my face, on the phone and to my mother (who's her little sister).  When I was talking with her on the phone after that she tald me something which I didn't know how to respond: on her way to see it - she met few young American tourists. She talked with them. They looked very nice. Till now - no problems. The problem  is that because of that she wanted to invite them to see the show as well. They refused because they didn't have the time that moment (or at least they said so). Hey... This show is for people that the dancers knows and invited, not for ALL public!

No comments:

Post a Comment