Sunday, February 23, 2014

After the tablao

OK, I needed some time to relax. After a bad day - I received a shake of an amazing joy.

I came early, a bit before doors opening. Ilan was there outside with another friend who isn't from our community. I met her once before. Yael Tuchfeld was there. she came for a visit from Spain for 10 days. She came few hours earlier to Israel. Kissing, talking, watching the rehearsal of musicians inside, laugh on the "line" to the door. At the entrance - Ilan's friend ran insode for getting us good places. She saved one for me as well. Ilan paid for her. They both almost made a heart attack to Keren by doing it. We got a place in the second row at the studio itself, right behind the happy one. Later on joined her few more girls from Mijal's studio. We said hello for some. After sitting down I noticed that I didn't say hello to Hugo and he was there. Fine, so we're not close friends, but I told him I'm about to come and I wanted to show him that I stood up in my word. He didn't have much time for me, but it finished in kisses on the cheeks. Ilan noticed that although it has been told that Ayelet will be on stage -  her name wasn't on the program. The girls from the studio said she's too sick to come. I took a photo of Ilan and his friend with the smartphone of the friend. 

At the other "block" of chairs at second ow were places for photographers. Yeah, other photographers. 

The tablao has started pretty on time. The musicians = Ofir Atar and Idan Balas were first to come to stage. Ofir stood up although he had a chair for him. After a short time joined them Hugo, Hadas Nestel and Moran Ron. Each one in a special outfit (Hugo in a very elegant suit, Hada in a coloured dress, Moran in a beautiful skirt and a fit shirt). It went on. A short "opening" to the show. Ofir made palmas, Idan played gently, the dancer stood next to each other and danced. Mostly legs work. Sometimes all danced together, sometimes Hadas made a "finish" to all they did, from time to time it looked like a conversation - Hugo made some steps and Hadas or Moran "answered" him. It was very powerful. Too short....

Next part was a musical thing. Yael has been called to stage to be a palmera. Idan and Ofir made a buleria. Pure joy.

Coming back for dancing. All dancers got back to stage. Hugo stood behind next to the wall as a palmero who makes a lot of jaleo. Hadas and Moran danced a fandango. Weird, at classes I still don't dare each time to make jaleo. When it was still pretty quiet from the other audience I found myself that I can't help it and say "ole". I'm not sure I made it strong enough that they could hear it. Didn't take too long till became a chorus of jaleo - me, Ilan, the other girls from Mijal's studio who sat at the row before us, few more from the audience... Many times it was possible to hear strong "ole" frpm the audience. Someone from the other block started to look at us like we're crazy.  There was nothing crazy in our jaleo! It was justified! Few times the fandango looked a bit messy, but with grace. 

Next - Moran and Hadas went to the edges of stage. Hugo danced a taranto. No, it wasn't real! I wondered at which age and how many hours a day are needed for dancing this level.... It wasn't human! He received a very justified jaleo and many hand claps. Twice after llamadas the jaleo came from us - the audience as screams. Teice of strong "ole" and hand claps which hardly stopped. The woman from the other block still looked at us like we're crazy. What a waste of chair... She doesn't get when she see something divine! Third time of a strong llamada. Hugo stood in his place. Silence. Hugo signed something which looked like "what's going on?". The audience screamed "ole!" I love taranto, but it's been a long time since I saw at last time someone dance it in a way which keeps my mouth open like this time. 

A brake. The friend was amazed as well. She's not used to those things but she understand when she see a good thing. We told her about the classes that Hugo gives. She asked us if he's perfect. 

Second part. Hugo came back in the same suite, Moran and Hadas changed their outfits. Hugo still the palmero. Moran was first to dance. She had a solo of martinete. Some of steps I knew through classes of Mijal, but it took a small part and  diffuse between many other things. Another great part. 

Next - Hadas danced an alegria. Almost made me sorry that I'm so afraid this palo, at least dancing it myself. She made it so beautiful.  Of course - the jaleo went on from the audience, the weird woman still looked at us like we're crazy.

All dancers went down from stage. A little un official brake. Ilan told his friend what's the difference between martinete and alegria for she will know how did it look so different.  I told Ilan that someone there came by mistake without to know what's all about. He said that his friend doesn't know those things like us cause she doesn't dance. I wasn't talking about her...!

Idan and Ofir went on to a solea. That part Ofir was sitting for a change. Another part which was pretty short. I couldn't really enjoy cause I'm a nervous person, at the program was written that Hugo does have another solo and he wasn't there. When they finished I knew why did Hugo went away. He went to change his clothes for another outfit. He danced a solea por buleria. Ofir stood again. Hugo started with "taking" Ofir for a closer part of stage to the audience. From time to time he did it again. The dancing... Do I really have to tell about the screaming audience? And this is a palo which I feel less connected than other palos, still this time it looked divine to my eyes. 

End of show. All made a bow down and Ofir asked if anyone wants to come for fin la fiesta. Yael came, a moment after her a girl I know which a big nose (always when I tell about her - her nose is in the story), Adva who I didn't see earlier, one more girl... Eithan has been called. The happy one asked who is it. The meaning was Eithan Bartal. He joined them. Palmas. Ofir was sinning a letra. After a while - Hugo was sinning instead. Ofir was dancing a bit. It was less crazy than he usually do, but it was cute. I hope that he won't be angry for me for saying it. Ofir came back sinning. Yael was next to dance. She made something cool too. It was easy to see that Hugo meant to sing the next letea but Ofir made it. The girl with the nose was next to dance. It was more moderate than she usually do. I was surprised, but I rather this way with her. Next letra - this time Hugo was sinning. He kinda "called" Adva to dance. The way she danced was so typical to her and I loved it. Hugo sang a bit more. He "called" the other guest on stage. I know this girl and looks like it doesn't matter what she would do I won't be crazy for it. Moran didn't accept to dance at this part. Eithan started sinning.  Hugo was dancing. Cool. It didn't other before Hugo was dancing another letra for the sinning of Ofir. 

When all fellows went down from stage and through next to me - I caught Adva's hand just for saying hello and ask her where she was earlier. Of course - a hug, She said that she came late. I was talking with few more. Kisses with Hugo. Ilan needed some time to get up from his chair and a longer time to relax. I asked him how does he comes back. The fried he came with takes him back home. Traitor! He thanked me. For what? He said that he thank me for all. Fine, we'll talk. I stopped for another conversation on my way out 


No comments:

Post a Comment