Thursday, February 14, 2013

Workshop in Tel Aviv - after the second round

I went this evening to the second round round of workshops with Shuky/Adva/Idit. I probably was the second who came, not much after one of the guitar players. I was talking with Adva a bit before it started. Somehow - it get into talking about my name. I told her that I don't like the million of version people makes with my second name. She said she saw that people write it in many ways in many places. She said she would pass it. Fine, that's her. I just don't get what's so difficult in my name (accept that there are no many Timen). After that - few more familiar faces. I went to pay. At least this time - the secretary somehow remembered that my name is Orna, but I had to tell her again what's comes next.

In the studio - some more talks before it starts. Beside me sat two that I know through Facebook and I met them before in different things, last time was in the first round of this. They made a practice on one buleria they learn in the studio they go to. When it was only me who was watching (and from some point - also Idit) - they didn't mind. When others got in - they stopped. The witch from the other time came again. At least this time the only thing she had to stuck in me was wicked looks. Not much after she started to talk loud with someone who I don't remember that she came in the first round, but she looked very familiar to me and I couldn't remember from where do I know her face. The familiar one said that she learned from Neta and finished years ago. She said it was over really bad between them. The witch said also where she learn and I already sure that all witches learn in that studio. They said that both teachers don't teach much and all the little important things they save to themselves. They don't teach what it's in this workshop. Fine, Neta isn't perfect and I had few things of my own, but it's impossible to say that she doesn't teach those things. I go to thins for learning a bit more from another site and get a little more information from what I already know (and much of what I know is thanks to Neta). It was hard, but I didn't get into this stupid conversation. 

One girl who was last time, said some great things about in Facebook and after that started to fight with many because of things she said about others things didn't come this time. I think she didn't want to fight again, at least not face to face with people. 

So class has started with the information to the brain. It did look better this time. Idit was more clear with the information and gave it in more natural way. This time it was about buleria. Few things I already knew (from the teacher who doesn't teach the important things) and few more new things to me. Shuky showed us in music the difference between kind of buleria. Idit showed few videos to make it easier. The first video was a video that I already know, saw many times and I'm not getting tired of it. Something of Los Farrucos that starts with Farru who sang there (and he sings in few more parts). And Farruquito dance. We didn't see all, but Idit made that we'll see a bug part of Farruquito dance (cause it needed). Not all knows this video. I was pleased, but... After hearing some comments when Farruquito got up on the table, take of he's shoes, and so on - for some it was the first time. Includes the two I know through Facebook. I really don't about them. From one hand - id it possible that I know better? From the other hand - I can be jealous in them for it was their first time and they could be taken by surprise. For them it was something new -  a thing which I always look for and made me come to this workshop from the start. Not much after - I found myself in the other side. There was a video of Pastora Galvan who was dancing like a "regular person" although she's a professional. This time - others knew this (include those two) and I got surprise. I'm not sure that now she will be one of the greatest in my eyes, but this dance was amazing!  She even let herself to stop, once in a sitting and other times just stood there. Someone asked before if it's the dance she do in a rope. It does looks this way. And she danced in shoes without heels that she through away near the end. 

And getting into it. We stopped on a letra (a part of sinning) of buleria. We made palmas. 

A little brake. And changing shoes. I was fast this time. One of the girls who wasn't in the other time asked me out of nowhere for my name. 

And dancing. One of the things that make me want to wear a dress/skirt in those parts is the fact it helps to hide the mistakes. It always takes me faster to get and make the hands better and till I do the legs right - it takes time. But this time - no way to hide. The first mistake - others did and there is no skirt in the world can hide it: the legs went too loud and strong. Adva showed how does the noisy way goes and said it isn't cool and no one likes it. She showed how to do it. Well, this mistake belongs to others but I think Adva thought I made it like the others. I did other mistakes...... I felt a bit retorted cause even that not all I learned before (some) - it still basic things and I work a lot this year on basic steps for buleria. Some of the "flying" of last Tuesday left in my head (and that before we remind it's Thursday - almost a weekend here and makes people tired in the head). It even took me a little while to get that Adva try fix me on one mistake. And then - Adva asked if we get it. And each for her own - the girls I know through Facebook (and she said they get it), and do it? So so. 

Shuky and the guitar players got back, so did Idit who went with them. I thought in the start that ok, I get it although what Adva said. Still - under the video Idit made and with the guitars - something didn't work out for me for once or twice. I started to make it only when the video was finished. Idit joined us in dancing. And one thing I still needed to fix cause it wasn't perfect. And after the talk we had in the start about my name - she wanted to say my full name, but changed it as well. I didn't have the chance to correct her about it in the same moment. 

And then - one by one. The one who asked my name made it first. She made it perfect and even made few things of her own which looked cool. Others made it and none of the others made it perfect alone, all made mistakes. One of the girls still accepted to make it with Adva, and even then they needed to start over (shuky made them surprise) and in the second time... Still. Some girls that in the practice made probably better. Adva asked me to do it alone. No, I don't want to make it alone, not after all the mistakes.  Adva said we'll do it together, and we'll do it with Idit as well. Idit had something to say, but even that she was near me I didn't really understand. She said something that she also.... I think that the rest was "doing everything opposite". But I couldn't know because of the guitars and palmas and the fact she said it quiet. I accepted with fear. Fine, last chance to show that I do understand anything. I didn't look at Idit, I looked at the guitar players and Adva. I listened to the things Adva said for a way. When we finished - Adva looked at me with a surprise and said it was great this time. 

The real last one was the one who said she learned from Neta. Some called her and I finally got it: we did learn for few months together years ago. It was include the time I broke my hand (THAT long ago). I know she started dancing before I did. And even when she made a try... It could be better. 

Two-three more rounds all together. The class was over after the time it was meant for.  I took this time to tell Adva that I DON'T want to insult her, but if she will change my name this way again - I won't respond. She had something like an apology. 

In the way out - I still got hugged by Adva who wanted to know if I will come next time. She felt good vibes and energies this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment