Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The dress, the drama

Although I love my "new" skirts - I find myself get back to my old black dress in workshops. This time I made my choice to come back wearing it in the studio. Those who started last year in this studio still never saw it, but.... I was a bit afraid of what Neta would say. It's my first dress which I used to wear 5 years (and still hold on). A bit before I bought a new skirt Neta started telling me she had enough from seeing me in black. Well, no worries which I had to have. And when I came - a former dancer who used to be in the company of Neta and knows me came. She got tired in less time from seeing me in black - in or out the studio. This former dancer hugged me when she saw me. After hugs and a little talk - I got into the studio, took a place and went out to change. 

When I got back I noticed that the weirdo dance with the beginners. The new nice one and the bimbo sat around my stuff. I took my stuff for the ordinary place which I usually put there (really close). The new nice one said few times that my dress is really pretty. I was ready in the last moment. The former dancer sat there to watch us. Ilan who used to dance with her on stage got up from sitting with her. He thought it's a new dress and congrated me for it. That's nothing, I have it "only" 7 years. He said as well it looks really good on me. One more broken record which is nice to hear. Neta and the former dancer said nothing. 

The weirdo was there to look. Legs' warming. And our legs' work for the end of year. It still takes me once to remember some of steps. It still not the worst. After we only started - Neta started to shout. All of us stopped. The man didn't do it perfect and made the same mistake for two weeks (as Neta said). She said he's getting used to the mistake and it's bad. The fixing was very loud this time, all of us looked to see what went so wrong, the man looked embarrassed.... Going on.  Neta normally shout for us "cambio!" for we'll change our steps for the next step. She was behind us and we heard her shout again. We thought in the start she shout "cambio!" cause if she shout in this point - it's for we'll change our steps. No, we had to stop. The man has been fixed again. Neta said this is the way - we're there for getting improve, she's there for working on her assertiveness. Doing all from the start. This time it got better. Once again. This time Ilan forgot some of the steps and some went after him. I stopped. After a while the others noticed that Neta asked all to stop. Once again from the forgotten part. And with our backs to the mirror. Once again - Ilan forgot the same steps, "ran" to the steps after and some went after him. I stopped and to the others it took a little time. Once again - from the forgotten part. 

Oh my.... I forgot how much this dress is warm! 

And rounds around. Neta asked the nice one and the assistant being the first couple. After that - I took the next turn, but I was waiting for someone to join me. Neta asked the fat woman to join me. I made a mistake and made a try to fit myself. The fat woman isn't good for that. She's terrible and I got confuse because of her mistakes. Second turn - the bimbo made a try to be in my turn. Neta asked her to keep the same turns, so let me be now. The second time - I didn't look at the fat woman and made it much better. Third round - the nice one asked Ilan to join her. Neta didn't accept from the same reason. One or two rounds the fat woman didn't want to move/ I don't care, I'll do my part. In the last round I made a half studio or so till she moved (and even then - it was after Neta asked her). Ilan wasn't in his best. In the last time he got a little too much energy for his rounds. He almost got into others and hardly could stop. Oh dear, welcome to the mad house!

A little practice on some of the steps of the siguiryia. This time - I wasn't the on;y crazy. Neta asked us to practice one thing with few less steps. The bimbo told her it's a mistake, so... I wasn't the only who remembered it. I let myself to say that the bimbo is right. And a practice on all with the music. Yeah, the "crazy couple" - we our memory still works from time to time. Still - we didn't start in the new way of a line. After a short part we tak a bit space - Neta asked us to be in a line, but the bimbo told her we missed this part. From the second time of dancing all the siguiryia with the music we made the line. Did I say I love this siguiryia? We already have a part of a real beauty.

The snobbish came at time for the other class. She usually come earlier. Neta asked me if I'm tired. I looked tired. I said it's hot there... Hands' movements to show how much. Well, maybe tired as well. I was a bit sick last time, I still get relax of it. And sleep horrible. The weirdo joined us.

Working on the buleria. It looked like all of us needed the start for making it better in the second time. Our combination.... Neta said we all look like condemned to death. And working on some "new stuff" and real new stuff for us. If I will have a photo from end of year in one certain moment... I can't be sure I will have a photo like this, but if I will - I guess it will be a nice but disturbing moment to catch. 

And each one alone. I was happy that this time I wasn't the first one. The snobbish was the first. She hardly made it. When the turns moved - I started to think which way I want my turn to look like. And I was sure at myself that this time I'll do it better than I made it till this evening. Ilan made hid turn. Neta asked us to do more jaleo. The new nice one said she doesn't really know any, so PLEASE let's write. Neta accepted. All of us sat and started to say jaleo and write the jaleo which came to the air. And we talked about the application of IPhone for palos. 

Got back to the circle of dancing. The assistant made her part. It was mostly moving weird with no connection to anything and telling us that she doesn't know what she's doing. Neta asked me where is the jaleo. I didn't answer. Was I suppose to say loud that I don't see anything to make a jaleo for? My turn. So, no fear.  After this horror show - anything I'll do will look better. But.... After a brake and seeing this horror show... I forgot a bit, Neta showed me few signs - includes the remate that she asked me to change. I thought of making something else. I started to make mistakes. That was my horror show. 

For the end - palmas and jaleo, nothing more. 

After class - half of us went together. The former dancer said goodbye, for me as well. Ilan went with her and said he made a promise to her. That's it? Betray me this way? Not really. We went as a trio till my street. Ilan was a little surprise that the former dancer and me know each other. We made a talk of what happened when we saw each other a lot and what's now. The talks on the dress with her came in this point. She didn't have something to say it's wrong, she had mostly to say she knows me mostly in this dress. Ilan again felt like he need to say that this dress looks good on me. And some things that have nothing to the studio. Near my house we said goodbye and  the former dancer hugged me again. I kinda like her and it was really nice seeing her again and know that she see me as good enough for hugs. She said we probably meet again soon in the studio 

No comments:

Post a Comment