Sunday, January 27, 2013

The festival and mess

So, in one Israel group of flamenco which made for Israelis in Facebook - there was a start of publishing who will take a part in the upcoming festival Días De Flamenco. As usual - at Suaznne Dellal in the mid March. It will take a part this time between 14-16 to March. The manager of the festival wrote what will be the main show. It will be an international premier to a new thing. Not all in the show are from Spain and known as flamenco artists, but... It will be a mix of a try between pure flamenco from Spain and a person who lived for a while in Spain and worked some for a while. It will be a new show of David Broza from Israel who has been in Spain but not known as a flamenco artist, and some pure flamencos from Spain - Juan De Juan, Niño Josele and El Piraña. I know that tickets will be able to get since February starts. When I will have all information in a normal way (hopefully as a flyer) - I promise to show it here. 

Although it did look to me weird that David Broza will be a main thing in this festival - it's clear he will try to make it flamenco because of the people who will share the stage with him. As far as I'm a flamenco lover from Tel Aviv who enjoy this festival, and as far as I think as Juan De Juan has a good chance to get into my "black list" of flamencos who I really love - I must go. I know it. I wrote as a comment that I'm sure it will be worth and asked about getting tickets. And what a drama.....

One girl (who I saw in the workshop on Thursday, she knows me but didn't give me attention all the time - probably the only one who did it) had to say some things of her own. The manager of the festival who deserve a lot of respect in my eyes for her work got a "wash". Under the eyes of many flamenco lovers in Israel that girl said how horrible it is. She won't come because it's disrespect to the audience. And me? Why am I so happy? Well, I'm happy cause even I was surprised it looks to me worth trying and the fact Juan De Juan will be there....

She wasn't happy. She had speeches how disrespect it is. The manager said (and she's right) that this show will be the thing this time if this girl wants it or not and she doesn't have to come if she doesn't wish to. And few more wrote comments. Some said like the manager and me - this is the thing this year, end of conversation. And even that David Broza isn't a pure flamenco - he worked in Spain, also with gipsies, and he made few records in Spain. And hey, he won't be alone there. One another who I know where it came to her (the studio she goes to) - said also it isn't good enough for her, and even last year when a great artist (Rocío Molina) came she and others in the studio she goes to didn't like it. Hey, even not Rocío Molina???? Are you crazy? She's amazing! And normally the workshops made for dancers. One guitar player asked if it will be possible to make a workshop of Niño Josele. If it will be - the manager of this festival is a queen. 

If I didn't like something about it - it was the comment of this girl who said it's disrespect as a start. And after that - the comment of the one who dared to say that Rocío Molina wasn't good enough for her. And probably the one who started this drama wrote in the group how sorry she is for it came to this point, but... And few more unkind things to say. She knows the best and she get disrespect for it. Yeah, right. Now we know how sorry you are for not all agree with you. 

By the way - the manager of this festival from the day it started till today is Eva Agmon. And yes, I do think she worth all the respect for her work in Días De Flamenco - this little/big festival






No comments:

Post a Comment