Monday, March 26, 2012

What a silence

Last night I was a bit afraid that it will be a private class. It was only me there, not much after - the fat woman too. I started to relax when another one came. In the end of the medium level class finished - Neta got a long farewell from the Dutch girl. She's leaving (as I heard - for another state) and she's pregnant. Neta gave her some offers what to do while she's pregnant (it's her first time and Neta already has two girls). And a hug. I didn't really know what to say to her. She didn't always noticed me, so I didn't even know if it fit. The nice girl came and so did the one with the hearing problems. The farruca class has started a bit late and my friend came right on time and one more woman from the north. The northen said that finally she has some money for the guitar player and he isn't there. The kids didn't come. I was happy that I didn't make any dramatic mistake although I wasn't perfect all the time. In one of the moment of practice and try to remember the new steps - Neta said that what a silence today. Yeah, she thinks as well that it has a connection to the kids cause she has been asked what does she mean. They're not here - there is silence. Some asked what happened. No one was sure if it's an illness or a travel. The quite between them has an unusual name and Neta told how did it confuse her in the start when the parents asked for information about the classes. The northen asked what does this name mean. I said that I think it's something in operas. Well, I'm sure it is but I didn't want to look like a snobbish person. As we prepare to dance all has started a little talk about the next production of the Israeli Opera for Carmen. It will include again flamenco dancers - but this time with fellows from Spain and it will be in Massada. My friend talked again about rudeness - they use photos and videos of Neta although she won't take a part this time. She didn't take it hard and said it's another production that don't have photos yet. And she heard it's hard to perform in Massada. We danced almost good. Still they were some fixings. There is also a part which is a bit feminine in a middle of a men's dance. I started feeling like doing it with a movement in the hands which fit to men in flamenco. We did it again and again and every time it felt for me to do it this way although we've been asked to keep our being women in this part. I don't know if the change that came after few times repeating this part again and again was because Neta watched me and liked it or not (and I don't dare to ask) - but then she asked all girls to do so. Just like I did and felt right. In the end Neta asked if we rather dance again or working on new steps. No one really could say. Most of us didn't say a word, the few who did asked if we have time and for what. In the end - one of the girls said that it's better working on new steps. So we did. It wasn't a big new part, but a new part. And we took some videos. In the end Neta gave some more flyers for the fiesta that will be next week of pure flamenco and sevillanas. I said I'll go. After that I told Neta that I'll come to see her in the first evening of the short dance' festival in Jaffa. She said that she hope it will go on well, after all - 12 minutes of Mario Maya! I think she can make it. I wasn't the last one in the studio this time. My friend helped to another one to practice the new part - the one who asked the new part. The man who works there and I don't know what he saw last week came and started to close things. It didn't make any imppretion on them, or at least so it looked like

No comments:

Post a Comment