Wednesday, March 14, 2012

That was confusing

Last night was one of the hardest classes. It wasn't only the class itself (which is already hard) - it was including to confuse me near the end of class. Till then - I got there when it was the end of the medium level class. There was only the man, the assistant and another old lady who comes to both medium level classes. And the other one who comes to the high level class at tuesday. When I sat and started to organize my stuff they made a little brake and the one who usually learn with me sat near me. She said that she came to this class to complete classes that she didn't come before. She asked me if I danced in this class before. I told her that I saw the end of those classes all the time, but I never danced fandango (which they dance in this class). She said it was her first time as well she danced fandango. She said she's already very tierd and don't know how will she will hang on in our class. When it was our time - she told Neta that she brought a song and has one more thing. She took her phone for giving some power to the buttery. And where is a place with electricity that is possible to put the phone? Near the piano... I thought she's about to let us hear the song through the phone. Well, no. She showed some papers to Neta. After she asked if it's ok to let us hear the song. Neta said it's better dancing and in case we'll have some time in the end - we'll listen to the song. We started a short warming. And practising. In the practice there were twice that Neta fixed me. And the sister from Haifa came. Neta said that she was sure she won't come. We practice a feet' part called escobilla in the beat of solea. Last time we did as well only with the solea. I asked Neta if it's possible to practice it once in guajira beat this time. Neta said it's too fast and she prefer it will "sit" in our bodies before we'll practice it in guajira as well. And we made a little brake. The other one who always comes showed all of the papers. It was words of a solea' song she have and love of Arcangel. She made a table which she wrote how to fit her dance to the song. We all told her that it's great what she did, me and the girl from Haifa also told her that we wish we had that patience to do things like this. Still - Neta asked her not to "build" on it, cause it still an option and if another singer and another dancer will do it - it will be different. Even if she will dance with another singer it will be different and there are many options. Neta said that she go outside for a moment and we'll practice a bit more without her. The girl from Haifa asked something the other one. I asked if they remember how does go the part called remate. I start to remember it, but not well enough. Before we really did anything Neta got back and said we'll start in our dances. I said that I wanna practice a bit the remate before we start. Neta asked me if I don't remember it. I start to, but I have some "black holes" in my memory. We did practice a bit on this part. as a little pushing us for bravery - she told us that this class didn't mean we'll do all perfect with all little details, we don't have time for that and it more for we'll be able to dace live with musicians. Even if we won't do it - at least we'll have the ability for that and in case we will - at least we won't be stuck on one dance but on possibilities. She said that now we'll do what we plan, but next time that the guitar player or the singer will come - they will try to confuse us for we'll have to listen and try do other things accept the plans. Then Neta volunteer me to dance first. I started. I made my entrada right, I made one markaje, and I tried to make the remate that was suppose to be there by the plans. I was sure that now I just have to do what I do all the time and I couldn't understand why don't they stop the sinning with my remate. Neta said that I did it wrong and she couldn't see it coming. I did it again. Once again - I did as the plans and Neta asked me what am I doing. It's wrong, I made the remate in the wrong place. Third time. In the third time the same problem. I couldn't get why don't they stop and Neta said that I do it wrong. She asked me if I know where to put the remate. I said that I do, it comes after one letra (a sinning part - a line in the song/ a counting of 12 in the music itself). Neta decided to dance once with me. We started the same, but then she made the first markaje longer and gave some more steps. I stopped and told her it wasn't like this. I don't know what happened there - but this time she didn't listen. When she was ready to the remate - I joined again and moved to the second markaje. Then she stopped and I made some more steps by the plan. I looked at Neta for seeing her response. Then said that now she understand what was the problem. They sang me different than the usual. As far as I wasn't ready for that... Now we did it again together. She said that this time we'll do it as the plan for not rocking my world and do it once as I wanted the dance. This time it worked out and we even made a part from the escobilla. This time it went out great. Neta asked me if I noticed how fast was the last part. We'll think what to keep and what to leave outside my dance from the esccobilla for it will fit guajira. I think I already know. After me was the other one who always comes. The class she took before already took all her power and she was confused as well - even without this drill. Neta said that maybe she should put now the song she brought of Arcangel. It was more listening to the entrada. Neta also showed how should it look like with the same idea. Then the girl from Haifa. She has a start which is more clear now than it was before. Then Neta gave us some homework. Each one recived something different. My homework is watching some more videos of guajira and see the options for I won't get into surprise next time

No comments:

Post a Comment