Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finish the Clasico Español, start a new siguiryia

OK, I had an audition before class. For a commercial. I still don't know if they're taking me or not. Ilan already heard that I'm about to go was worried a bit about how would I come to the studio. Not the same hours. I finished the audition before I needed to be at the studio and had a little time to enjoy my new connection to internet. I would try to write shortly cause I have no much time before I will go out to another class at the workshop with Adi. 

When I came to the studio I got up. Ilan was at the balcony. I found out the Mijal's dog came after me. I told Ilan a bit about the audition. We sent each other text messages earlier and we went on with jokes about it that we started earlier. At class before us were some girls who are always there and some who aren't always. One of the "new" ones was a former dancer. She was at the company of Mijal and felt she had enough for now - accept the show of David and Bat Sheva (she got back to stage for it as she should with her talent). I changed. Ilan got down. After I finished I got down as well. Ilan was sitting on a bench there and made palmas. I found a place next to him. Mijal's dog came after me. At the start I just petted her. After that I took her on my knees. She loved it. Mijal was smiling when she saw it. I asked Ilan to look The dog made some funny posses). Ilan said it's a love story. Yeah, dogs knows who loves them. He got back to make palmas. When this class was over the dog asked to go away to be with Mijal. We were next to the office, so she went next to us. She said something that we'll start this time a new dance a  siguiryia with castanets. I asked her if we'll be back once more on the Clasico Español. She said we didn't really finish with it. I said that I want to know if I can take a video of it. She said that I do. Find our places. I still had few things to talk with Ilan. The former dancer asked Ilan if his castanets has a microphone. I said that yes. She said it explain some things. I said that has also a camera in there. She asked Ilan if he knows which siguiryia will be accept it will include castanets. No one knows yet. Enough for her to stay. And at least one new girl at the studio.

Our class has started with castanets' drills. One thing I wasn't sure that I do well enough, but Mijal was looking at the same moment at my hands and said it's good. We didn't do all we made till now, we started some new drills instead = some that fit siguiryia more than Clasico Español.

We started the new siguiryia. Seems it's a very new one. We already make it as a group. Two rows. Those who didn't get into a row - Mijal sent to a row. Ilan and me together in the second row. We started to work on the entrada and the first llamada. A bit difficult and confusing. Ilan asked over and over to work on one part. Each time - I heard someone said that she wants it as well. I don't know who. Once we started it again and got to our places... He stands after me and gets in a step after me. I got in after the looking girl who almost got into me although she's first and need to go ahead. I told Ilan that now he see me. Just a little thing after the siguiryia with castanets of last year. I'm not sure that he remembers it. He said with a half smile that it's horrible. He doesn't want to see me. 

Taking off the castanets. All who knows well the Clasico Español will dance it, accept me. I will take a video. I did. I needed to make it in twice cause it didn't happen "clean". I have most in one video, the end I have in another video. Even Ayelet made some mistakes. Ilan gave up in one part. I can't understand why cause it's a part which is close to flamenco and suppose to be easy for him. At the end - it was Mijal who asked him why and told him it suppose to fit him. 

Few minutes for buleria. We learned a new llamada. At one brake - the new one asked me for the hour. End of class. Oh really? Didn't finish yet, still dance all. My friend came and looked from the side. We dance a bit all the buleria after our time.

After class I thanked Mijal for leeting me taking the video and remind her that the other class this week I will miss for a workshop. I went to talk. I told Ilan and my friend about the first class of the workshop. She said that she won't go to workshops of Adi because of level and the physical strength needed for it. Give me brake... From a weird reason I don't believe that this is the reason. Ilan went to practice. My friend made a try to convince me to go back to Neta's studio. No, I really don't want. She said that the level at Mijal is too difficult for her and she have on mind to take something with a lower level. Next class took a little more time to start. Mijal was waiting for Ilan. He started this moment to ask the former dancer about some steps. 

I went to change again. I went this time with less disturbing. At least Ilan and my friend saw me go out. Ilan signed me, my friend was smiling 

1 comment:

  1. MAL: siguiryia
    BIEN: siguiriya, aunque otros flamencos dicen seguiriya, y algunos antiguos, muy antiguos, sigueriya. Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete