Saturday, April 26, 2014

Abandolaos this morning

I know, hours to write about it... Still I'm too tired. After all the sleeping hours I miss and after last night... I hardly got up from bed this morning and could miss the workshop this morning. Still tired and mostly want to sleep. It will be better to write down all before. Sorry again if it will be weird. 

So, this time I could take only two classes from Adi Akiva's workshops. This morning was the first class I was taking for this round. It happened at the studio at Florentin (a neighborhood at south Tel Aviv). As apart of hardly get up from bed, as far as it takes me a long time to wake up, I have a dog who doesn't need to be punished because of it, I waned my fresh vegetables juice of the morning (hunger and thirst) and the guy that I go to wasn't on his best today as I did, I couldn't get a ride, I missed the bus  and it isn't a walking distance = at least not when you're hurry and have flamenco stuff on you and a bottle of water... I took a taxi for most of way. I came few minutes before it meant to start. Too much silence, but the studio was open. I got in. Only Adi herself was sitting there and one more girl. It took me some time till I understood why does this girl looks like she knows me and try to be polite. She's a young girl (19 or 20 years old) from the studio of Mijal. Recently we started to learn together at Wednesdays, but usually we learn at different groups. And I never saw her before with glasses on her eyes. She came this way today and stayed with it to the end of class. I said I was sure I'm about to be late. Adi said I should relax, two others said they's stuck and they will be late. The workshop will start at 15 minutes late because of it. I asked her which palo has been chosen at the end. She said that the last thought was abandolao ot tango, probably it will be abandolao but it will be dependent and all girls. A girl I know a bit and made a mess last year next to a festival came. Pregnant again. I have no idea how does she do it, I guess that alone (her look...! ) . The dragon tattoo girl came too. A lot of talking. Idit came a moment after. Didn't take much more time and class has started. I can't tell how much at time. I forgot to take my hand watch because of the rush and my phone was already closed for it won't disturb. 

We started stretching. The dragon tattoo girl was too close to me and didn't matter how much did I try to stay away. I couldn't stay much away because this studio is tiny. Then she asked me if I came to classes of Adi at Tuesday and Wednesday. No, I had classes at the studios of Neta and Mijal. Do I have to tell her that every week? Adi asked all what would be better -  abandolao or tango. If it will be abandolao (which she prefer) it will be to start again what she was teaching at Tuesday. Who came at Tuesday? Only two came at Tuesday and even they said it will be better doing it again. 7 girls this morning. I have no problem. I never learned this palo. A moment before warming came a professional dancer, not from the young ones. I won't remind her name because all that happened with her at this workshop. Adi said she came on time. She asked the pregnant to come. She showed her something and asked if the pregnant know what does it mean. No. Does anyone here knows what it is? Silence. OK, so this is it! Adi let us hear some music and said it's short, we'll have to go while she will play it again. Legs warming. A long warming. Few changes, but most the same. Once Adi came to show me how to do it right, another time she said I'm doing well. The grown dancer joined after we started this part. She almost ran over Idit few times. The dragon tattoo girl has started few times to run over me. Till this part was over all sweaty. I asked Adi how does go the beat of the abandolao. She asked me to eait for a moment. Few more had some questions. Adi said that she understand we're at the abandolao, but we'll wait for a moment. She was waiting that we'll breath again. And we worked on fixing one of steps at the warming. 

Later on Adi said it's a bit like a fandango. We started to work on a letra. Lots of work. Very high level as Adi always do and so many details. The dragon tattoo girl started to ran over me more. From time to time the grown dancer ran over Idit again. By the way she had many other mistakes and looked like she doesn't really know what's going on around her. From the little space there one of the girls lost her balance and got stuck on a curtain. It took Adi a moment to say it could be a great choreography. She showed few steps and finished with a movement of pulling hard the air. All of us laughed because of it. Not much after came a dancer from this studio and asked to watch. of course she can! We made it few times in two groups. Once we used it to take videos. And all of us together. Once or twice more at groups. The girl who got stuck on the curtain still had a problem with place. She had too much that moment and didn't know how to use it. The dragon tattoo girl found the place to me again while dancing. One more girl from the studio came. When our class was over a third one from the studio came it. The dragon tattoo girl asked if Adi has another class now. After she didn't get an answer she asked again and again. I told her quietly that they are from the studio and may wanted to see our class. So she was shouting at me few times that she doesn't hear. Until I was ready to go - two of them started a practice on a dance of their own. 

And of course - few talks about last night show. Adi didn't like the speed of her alegria, the musicians took that speed and instead of taking it down she accepted to go on with it. She said all energy went to speed at this show.

Till next week 

No comments:

Post a Comment