Saturday, December 28, 2013

Few things are about to change

As you know - I'm crazy for siguiryia. I love flamenco in general, but there are few palos which I'm crazy for more than the others. Siguiryia is one of the palos which I love the most. At the studio of Neta... Teo years or more she promised to teach it, but somehow she found her reasons why she shouldn't teach it. Last year it was pretty by mistake and by the way. After that at the class of technique some of the students (like me) asked her too many times if this class will have something to show at the end of year show - she was teaching a siguiryia by the way. It was the easiest thing for me last year and I loved this dance. Still I needed to dance it at the back hidden by others. 

This year I decided to stay for one class at her studio instead of three - the improvisation class. It was the hardest for me = there for a challenge, and Ilan is there. I was sure that he will go on to walk home with me after those classes this year as well. So he takes those classes without to walk home with me and he takes Sunday classes. This year when I stopped taking those classes Neta remind to stand by her word and teach a   siguiryia as needed. 

With time - last year I was taking two months of workshops once a week with Adi Akiva and she was teaching two different siguiryias. At the workshops of Shuky Shveiky, Adva Yermiyahu and Idit Suslik - one evening was made for siguiryia. I started at the studio of Mijal (with a lost of two months or so, but it doesn't count) to learn siguiryia/liviana while at Mondays it has been finished this week and will go on at Wednesdays for some more time. Mondays will start something new. I thought I received my siguiryia for now.

Although it's Saturday and most of people don't work here (unless it's shows, cinemas, theaters, museums, and some restaurants) - Neta sent an e-mail for all the studio. Because of the economic issue things are about to chane since this January. One of the things will be that on Sundays won't be classes at her studio. Now will be a longer class of improvisation with advanced. I asked her about it. The improvisation classes will be longer, the but improvisation part will be shorter. It will mix with the advanced class where she teach siguiryia. So, without her will she will teach me a siguiryia more seriously but I will have it from the middle. It I will dare to go up with it on stage in the end of year - I'm sure I will be behind again cause of things I missed. I'm sure that if I will dare to dance it on stage - I will be hidden again cause it so fit her studio. If someone certain will go on till the end - I know that she will be the one to hide me

No comments:

Post a Comment