Sunday, October 20, 2013

This is crazy (how did it happen?)

Recently I started to know a vocal pedagogy teacher. I have no talent to sing, but somehow she asked to come and try a class. She teach one on one. I told her that I'm a terrible singer and I do it off-key all the time. She asked me if I can hear it. I said that I do. By her theory - if I can hear it I still have a musical hearing, and sinning out off key doesn't have to do anything about talent but the technique. If I can hear it - I can fix it. 

I got my courage to try. I went to her for the first time today. This time it was for a trial. By the time I was there - she gave me a part of class. She checked my voice and ability. She told me that my voice is rare and beautiful. She still claim that my problem isn't about talent. She said that it's about technique and self-esteem. I wasn't much out off key, mostly at the low vocals. We were also talking a lot about flamenco and art. I told her about my learning. She offered me to bring a flamenco song for working at her classes later on. I guess that I will bring a song on the palo of tangos, it will be an easy start and could help the Tuesday classes. 

It wasn't bad, so I will come to her again next week. I just have to find how do I hear the recording. Something weird about it. I still thinks it's crazy, but I guess that now the only problem to pay for those classes for long. I'm not sure I could take for it for too long just because of the money thing

2 comments:

  1. Quien no tiene oido, ¿para qué quiere la voz? Además intervienen muchos más factores, pero el del oido es fundamental. Me gustaría oirte cuando hayas aprendido algo. Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puedo a escuchar, pero a cantar es dificil. Todavia no canto, es iniciar. Si, ahora es buscar mi voz

    ReplyDelete