Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Improvisation again

This time I made a try to come a bit more awake, but too many disturbs around. At the technique class were only four this time - the assistant, her friend, the wicked witch, and... I think it was the Russian, but I can't remember. Andreu was there playing to them. Ilan was already there ready for the next class. Jeans and flamenco shoes...  I went to change. I usually don't mind to change next to other women and recently I don't mind changing next to Ilan, but next to Andreu (although I do respect him) or next to the wicked witch is a bit too much for me. The snobbish woman was there try to be a bit nicer. 

Back to the studio. The worked on circles all over. Ilan joined them. The assistant sat down. Oh my god... This time it looked so funny. I know it's cruel to laugh on others abilities, but the girls looked so horrible at the their try. When they finished - the wicked witch sat on the floor and asked to have a dance without circles. 

They moved to do the "romantic thing" with low lights. I went to stand next to Ilan. I made a try to finish a conversation from last night. By the way I told him my opinion on men who dance flamenco at jeans (sexy). It looked like that I embarrassed him a bit.

My friend came just on time for starting the class. Ilan took a place at the middle, the assistant and her friend were already next to him at one side, the Russian too close at the other side. As far as it was too close to get in the middle - I made  a try to be the place I usually was last year  - at the right side, edge, close to the wall and door. My friend got stuck between Ilan and the Russian girl. 

We've made a practice on the steps we worked on so far. At one of them I found myself getting too close to the wall, the Russian girl too close to me and no one notice. The was difficult...... Like it wasn't enough - Neta asked us to go on more to the wall. I took a water brake - Neta rushed me to go back. One step we do at circle - all girls did it at our places. Ilan made it almost all over, mostly to my side. A bit confusing, but I started to laugh.  

We moved to make the solos. Neta asked if she would chose for us the order or do we go on with it ourself, No one answered so she told us the order. For a first round we did it at the order we stood - start by me. I thought I knew what I'm gonna do. Well.... A part was what a meant, but I forgot a lot just at this moment and made many mistakes. I signed that I'm ready to go out. At that point I was correct, but we didn't work on it this year yet. Neta stooped everything for teaching us a salida that fit to tangos. By the way I felt needed to ask another turn. I didn't have to. After a short practice and after the Russian girl took a video - Neta said that I would try again. So, still not perfect but at the second try was much better. The big surprise that the snobbish made me some jaleo, at least at the start. It made me smile and gave me a lot of confidence. The Russian girl was worse. Half of time she just didn't know what to do with herself, stood there without doing much, made many mistakes, almost gave up... After her try she asked if there are rules when to do the parts of it. Of course... ! Ilan made it great. My friend made a mistake or two but was wonderful. The assistant  and her friend were horrible as usual. The snobbish wasn't bad. I made her some jaleo, mostly for thanking her. 

Neta let us hear one more letra (house) at the tango we work on. Because of time we made the last round short. I was near the end, felt I'm getting better but missed a thing at the salida. Ilan was almost the last. He was amazing. Neta was pleased cause he wwas much more free in his dance than last year. She wanted to finish the class, but my friend remind her that she didn't do her turn yet. OK, Neta don't want to be the manager of the cuadro any more for she won't forget anyone. My friend was great. 

At the way out - Ilan and me were the last at the studio itself. Just start to talk about next week - my birthday (next Friday, needed to be celebrated), his other learning and practice. We went out from building with my friend, the snobbish and the Russian. Next to the car we all stopped and they were waiting till Ilan and me would finish to talk.  I think that the Russian gril got also a ride.....

No comments:

Post a Comment