Wednesday, November 21, 2012

After seeing Don Quijote

Pleasure. This is the word to tell about all of it. Although I didn't see anyone I know from the audience - I was totally happy. After too long that I didn't see any live flamenco show and after two that I was meant to see has been cancel in the last moment. So now it was Don Quijote. Most of dancers - Israelis. Mijal Natan and her company, at least some of the women in her company. She was Dulcinea. The one who made the choreography and danced Don Quijote was Jose Moro. Sansho Pansa - Hugo David Alvarez. I didn't know before Alvarez, but he was amazing. Mijal Natan was better than ever. This production is a part of celebrating 15 years to her company, but... Jose Moro was the main part in all of this show. I guess that there are some that I still love more than him, still I can say that he made here a great job. As a dancer - he control every move of his body in a wonderful way. About the choreography - I never saw anything like this and I saw a lot. Although I know I'm not the first one who took it hard that this show has no moment of live music, but it didn't disturb the show become stylish and special. Some of the music was classic (sorry, not my understanding so don't think I'll say who are the composers and so). Some was pure flamenco. It still show me that I have what to learn - I do know all palos, but one of them I just knew that it exist till tonight, some I didn't learn yet as I should (like fandango and siguiryia). One problem of recorded music was at one point. The music stopped while Jose Moro was dancing and Hugo Davis Alvarez was also on stage. It took a moment till it came back, but... And in this time - Jose Moro kept on dancing like nothing happened. A real dancer! As far as it's a flamenco show - the connection is clear. Don Quijote fall in love in a flamenco teacher. He dream of her in her studio. The dream starts in a thing they made that looks like a big book. Somehow - Dulcinea comes out from the book. Even if I was prepare to it and was sure how did they do it - I don't wanna ruin. All rest - something special. I can't even say in words all I saw. I can tell that near the end there is a part they call "The monsters". I saw a video of it few days ago, still I wasn't ready to the real thing. It made me a thrill. And before I got into here - I wanted to say to Mijal that I loved it. Looks like I'm not the only one who loved it. Someone else wrote on her wall in Facebook that she loved the show, and this part of the monsters still hunts her. In the end of show, after the bowing down and before fin la fiesta and going down from stage - Mijal Natan made something that she usually don't do in shows. She took a microphone and started to talk. She wanted to thank Jose Moro and Hugo David Alvarez for being there. As you know - the situation here isn't too good these days. Still they both came two days before it started, and even when it started - they didn't leave. They are still here to make the shows. And she thanked the audience for coming although this situation and the fact it isn't clear yet if it's over or not. In case you are here in the next few days and there are still tickets, or in case it will return - you should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment