Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Make my day

I said that I'll write about a little thing that made my day. It's one little thing come with some other little things. Just that no one would miss the reason for me to be so happy from it - a long speech. I started this blog a bit over a year ago, in the summer of 2011. It was after a while that I finally found out that blogs could be a nice way to spent some time (if it's a good one). Something like in the same time - some friends of mine told me again and again that my ability for self-expression is really good, that good till I need to write one myself. In the end - I took it seriously. I prefer this site cause I think it's the best one. I had few things that I could write about. I know that in Israel it's very accepted that artists have their own blogs for showing their art and tell about new exhibitions. Although I'm an artist - I thought it won't be a good idea to start this kind of blog, at least not to start with. With showing my art to public - it's possible to say that I'm pretty went after one of my sisters and she have this kind of blog. I didn't want it to look like a war against her. Maybe one day in the future I'll do one like this myself (accept this one, NOT instead). I decided to write about something that became in the last years a big and important thing in my life - flamenco. I guess it's possible to say it pretty saved my life in few ways (old readers of the blog probably remember the story about the broken hand and how did flamenco helped my hand to heal faster, bravery and some good friends that I have through flamenco). Although I'm not a professional - I do dance for years, I do my best to know all there is about it (impossible to know ALL, but much as possible), I do go as much as I can to shows.... I thought that maybe through the blog I would be able to write about my trial, my knowledge, about the shows that I see and try to promote flamenco. While promoting - I do publish here about flamencos that I love or believe in and publish about their shows and their workshops. I decided it will be for the best if I'll do it as a magazine as much as possible. This site gives few kinds of designs, I picked up the one that looked to me the easiest for the eyes and fit the most for my idea. I know it probably still looks a bit confused, messy and without one special line. Well, I have a line, but my head work for many ways and I couldn't find only one thing that will fit me to write about and promote flamenco. I know that my critique about shows is different than it is in most of magazines and daily papers, but it's only because that I usually don't like the ordinary way. Although the easiest thing for me (as an Israeli) is to write in Hebrew - I prefer to write in a language that more people understand, which leaves me with English or Spanish. My English is much better... I don't know if I always reach all people that I try to get to (anyone goes to workshops of Farruquito or Rocio Molina in Mexico? Anyone would go tomorrow to the workshop of Antonio Hidalgo in Huston? Miguel Angel in Italy?), but I still see that I reach people - sometimes from places that I could only dream on. Now, one more thing for a little confusion - the first comment that I got in here was a link to a web store of flamenco. I know that even my teacher won't give me information about her shows so fast, but she only recently has started to understand the power in the publishing in the internet. Last spring I had a real war with another blogger from Israel that made a try that I'll do it smaller like his blog. He told me how bad is my blog and gave me two long lists about "bugs" in my blog. He made a try to tell me that no one reads my blog while it's clear that he reads it. And he said that my blog is too messy and I should take it for one way. In the other hand - it didn't take too long till a good friend of mine told me how much she's in my side, and another one... There was someone who told me outside this blog that she was reading the parts that I wrote about a flamenco event that we both went to and she took a part in. She said she enjoyed reading it. That was good for me to hear it from her. And she was on my side too in this war. Later on - I received few more comments, some in here and some not. I know that I have few more followers, with time more entrances and once I got information before everybody else (which gave me a cool scoop on a dancer that I adore and some more readers). Once I made a mistake and published a photo without knowing who's the photographer. He saw it and I'm not sure that he liked the idea that I don't give the credit for the photography. At least he wrote me in a private message, I fixed it, end of story without anger. Recently I receive more and more comments that touch my heart. I wrote here in the start of the month that readers can send me information. In the same day I received an e-mail with information in the way that I usually publish here with many complements. Patricia - in case you read it - I think it was sweet of you and hope I made my work well enough. Someone else sent me about a show in the fan page in facebook. One more confusing thing - this blog has a fan page in facebook, still could be bigger and few left (although more joined to stay). Yesterday - someone gave me a way to find some information myself. By the way - who wrote me in a private message that this blog has a lot for many directions. I asked him if he see it as good or bad. He said that he see it as a good thing. Amazing how a little thing like this can make me a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment