Saturday, April 7, 2012

The courses of the feria

On the roof' floor there is a little studio that were the courses there, and a way out for a kind of balcony. The music I heard this time was from the studio. Jose Luis Dominguez was teaching to play on cajon. In the little place in the front of the glass' door was sitting a girl with lists of getting into the classes. I asked to get into the classes of palmas (Jose Luis Dominguez again) and the class of dancing Sevillanas in parties. The dance class was already full booking. I was disappointed, but I got in as if-someone-won't-come. And I got in for sure to the palmas class that wasn't full yet. One of the other classes was twice a sinning class with Viki Escobar Concha Barrigos. The first time was meant to be when the cajon class is over. I've been asked if I want to get in to the sinning class. In the start I said no. Of course it was because my ability to sing THAT bad. I think it's impossible to fix it... It didn't take too long till I asked if there is a place in this class. Yeah, there was a lot of place although I wasn't the first one. And do I want to get into the hands' class of Silvia Duran? Well... I wasn't sure. I know that her hands' work is amazing, but I heard so many horror stories about her. After a short thinking - I said yes. After all - it's only 30 minutes class, I don't have to stay with her all my life after this, her hands' work and the fact that I can go to those classes without a limit of how many that I take after my payment in the entrance... After getting into the lists - I wanted to go down for a moment. I wanted to talk with Raquelita and ask to take a photo of hers for this blog. I asked the girl from the lists if she mind to watch my things for a moment. She said that she isn't sure if she will be there in a moment, so... I took my things and got down. Raquelita agreed for the photo (has been updated yesterday). After that - she offered me to watch my bags even without I'll ask her for that. Got up again to the roof' floor. The first sinning class (to sing a sevillana) was meant to start any moment. I watched them. The music sounds so pretty. I wish that I could do that to (and I'm too afraid to try). Suddenly I saw that one of the girls there is other one who always comes to the Tuesday classes at Neta's studio. She couldn't see me. She was with her back to the door and too "in the class". I heard from the list "do you wait for someone?" I looked. It was someone else. I told her that I wait to the other class to start and I'm on the list. The first one got out from the studio and said that being on time isn't the strong thing in this feria. She got back sitting there. We started talking about how long and where each one learn. The sinning class has started in 15 minutes late or so. We were few - includes a family with two little girls. There was Viki, and Jose was still there. They were teaching together this class. I don't get this luck - once again I was the first on target. Viki asked something. It was me that she wanted to ask. An Israeli woman that was there asked if I dance and showed me that I need to give this answer to Viki. As far as I noticed when it was in Hebrew and I was shocked from myself that I;m really there - I started to answer in Hebrew. I've been asked to say it in Spanish. Ok, I said that I dance a bit. It isn't all true, but I got suddenly shy. We received papers with words of a sevillana. Jose asked for my name. I'm not sure why did he need it cause he didn't ask the names of others. In the start he gave me another name (still an Israeli one, but not mine). We got a short explanation about the bit, we did with claps (palmas) and got to hear Viki sings a bit. We did a bit that she sings the first line and we all sing the first verse together. then Jose asked us to sing the first line alone - each one in his/her turn. He said that if it won't work in the first time - it will work in the second or third. I was the first one. Oh dear. I thought I'm about to faint. Not enough that I do it - I have to do it alone and be the first one.... I started to think how much energy Neta had to pull and try to get it out of me and nothing happened - now I do it in this class like it's a normal situation. Fine - next time she ask me I agree to try! It is much more safe to try it in her class... I mumbled a bit and made the first try. I missed the beat in one word, accept this I didn't get any more correcting. I tried again. For my ears it still sounds horrible, but Jose said it was fine and asked someone else to try as well. I don't remember if he fixed her as well. The man in the class tried as well and has been told it was perfect. One of the kids has a little war cause doesn't really speak Spanish and I think she's brave for trying. And it wasn't too bad. Her little sister didn't want. Ok, she's in an age that she don't have to. Others tried too. I won't get much into the fixings of all. And sitting closer cause we're not many. To try again. I was mumbling again. Jose sat next to me and said "Tranquila! Tranquila!" (Relax! Relax!) I really can't hide, ha? He said that I'm between friends - friends of flamenco. The translator of the start did her work again and said in Hebrew most of it. I looked at those people. Friends? I don't know any of them! Jose sang with me. All sang together the lines after. And others' turn. 3-4 more girls got in to join. And second part. This time - Viki wasn't sinning. We had to try it alone cause it's the same idea in music. I'm first to try and the new problem - I need to improve my Spanish and the new line includes mostly words that I don't understand. After I told Jose what's the problem (he sat next to me again because my delay) - he tried to explain. Sinning together. Silvia Duran got in and she also received a paper with word to sing with us. Jose started to call her maestra. In one point I saw the fat woman who learn with me (and has a crazy husband) is on the balcony and watch us from the balcony. When I sasw her she waved me with her hand. I smiled and got back to class. In the end - we did palmas of sevillanas. Well - a new shock. I learned so many little details from Neta and still I didn't know that left-handed people do it different from right handed people. One of the ways - with the stronger sound I do it as I should (with my left), but the more known one which looks like doing x with the palms - I got used to do like right handed people although I'm not one. And the end of class. it lasted till the hour of Silvia's class. The dancing seviallnas class was meant to be 30 minutes before, but because of delay... They wanted to do the dance class, but Silvia said it's her time and she don't agree to change it. I got down again to drink a bit. I got back to class cause I didn't know how did it finish, and even if Silvia lost - maybe I still have a place in the other class. One of the dancers who made this feria happen was next to the door and told me to get in, Silvia is already there. It was very crowded. I was sure few times that in a moment I get into someone else. Few times Silvia asked if we understand her. The translator from the other class was near me and almost every time she whispered that she don't. I can't really say what was the main idea. It was to do it like a clock, but I don't remember the other things she said. Because it's all about sevillanas - she was teaching how to do it in this certain dance. I did say that it was crowded, didn't I? So in one moment I din't notice and from the try NOT to get into others with my hands - I didn't spread till the way it should be. Silvia was catching me for that - in all the meaning of it. She took my hands to show me what am I doing and how should I do it. After a while she was very pleased. She said that my catching is really fast and now I do it correct. If it was someone else I probably would have say to her that "yes, it took me only 6 years to get it". But it is Silvia, so I just smiled. Then she said to another that by her hands - she learn from one of her students. The girl said yes and said who's her teacher. Silvia also showed how men should do with her hands cause the man from the other class was still there. Then she said that the women can do it to - nothing will happen. A bit near the end - I saw the girl from Tuesday look at us from the glass' door. Now with her - when I saw her - she waved me, I smiled and got back to try learning. Silvia finished the class on time. Got down again for water. The palmas class was about to start. As far it was it's time and the other class I was planing to do didn't take a part yet - it were in the same time. The palmas class was in the studio while dancing was on the balcony. Water brake. Jose was teaching - Viki was there too. She took some photos. Some were sitting on cajons, but most of us were on sitting on chairs. We started with palmes of solea. All together, and than most of us - each one alone. One was afraid and asked to give her turn, but she made it. Jose didn't leave her till she did it right. Someone else wasn't sure. I looked a bit on her, when I got back looking at the maestro - I found out it's my turn. I almost did it. The thing that was ruin that I wasn't sure at myself and near the end I almost stopped. One girl (something like 10 years old) made it perfect and received few "ole". Moved to buleria. Jose showed us how they make it modern style in Jerez. We worked on it. And alegria. It's like solea, but faster and happier. For the end - a bit of tangos - the most basic and simple one. We had to do it with the legs as well to improve the sound of 4. In one part - Jose made it with both legs. When he saw that I do it with one - he stopped all of us and asked us to do it like him. We did it slow and got faster. I got it faster than I thought I can. Later on - trying do the palmas in holding the hands in some different ways. Jose has been asked to finish because of the time. People who came has been asked if the came to sing in the next class. The one I know from Tuesdays was there and said that she is. The fat woman came to me from behind. She said she got stuck in the elevator and missed some of the classes. What does come next. I told her it's that sinning and about the mess with hours. So, that's it? I told her that there are few more things in this feria. I went to the other one to say hello normally. I told her how shock I was that I got into the first class of sinning. She was laughing a bit and asked if it's nice. I said it is, but it could be nicer if I could be relaxed. I got out for I won't disturb. In the way out - me and others thanked Jose for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment