Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fade away

It wasn't the first time that I had a weird, weird class. The medium level class were there all with a new member (from the other medium level class). From the few in my class - just me. Till their class was over. Near their end - a young man let his little boy to "stand" by the window while he held him. They both watched. It looked like some lost their thoughts because of it and looked back. Mostly the man. The class was over and I thought I will probably go back home without getting my piece of flamenco. The woman from Jerusalem who always comes got in. A sigh... And we've been told that we have a date and place for the end of year party. Hurray. The other one asked where do we always do it. Now two memorial days and one Independence day (and one more thing which I don't know) will ruin the regular order of classes. A talk has started between me, the girl from Jerusalem and the assistant about the e-mail which tells the new dates and people who never say if they can come. Our class has started. Now a new old man looked at us from the window. Three of us looked to see what's going on. We made a practice on some steps and wanted to move to the steps of last time we had this class. I could only remember how did it finish. The other one said that it's really hard for her with those brakes and holidays. I said that I had fun in the last brake cause I was still busy and still danced, but now what we have in this class is a bit fuzzy to me. Ok, there is a video, no? I said that Neta took it. They thought that I mean that Neta took a video in my camera. No, she took it in her phone. After a little search - she found it. It wasn't a difficult one, but pretty. What about the girl from Haifa, doesn't she suppose to be here? She was, but didn't come without to say a word. We made some practice on the new steps. I already started to think what will be next in my my guajira and the connection to Maria Juncal (my new flamenco darling). And working alone on one little part. Neta asked who will be the first and before anyone answered - she chose me. I can't run from my luck. I know how to do it, but... When I needed to do it this time alone - nothing came out accept mistakes. After twice that I couldn't do anything - change turns. The other one tried and she couldn't do it alone. After we both made it great together - none of made it alone. Then she said that she can't be sure if she will be able to make a whole dance to the end of year. Neta said that it doesn't have to be a whole big dance, and if she doesn't feel ready - she doesn't have to do it on stage in the end of year. She said that she still feel that she learned a lot this year, it isn't what she thought cause it's only two of us who left every week and the girl from Haifa sometimes comes, we have only the solea and guajira instead of many palos, it isn't what she had in mind. Still she wants to learn from Neta without to stop this class, maybe to start to learn in private classes since next year, but now just to learn without to make a dance - just to learn all. I understand what she mean, but I can't say that I'm crazy for this idea. While she said it - I saw my guajira fades away just when I got used to that fact I'll have one of my own. Although my guajira isn't sophisticated, but it's mine and I worked on it for months. She probably noticed some reaction cause she asked me few times if it's ok cause she knows I was "building" on this guajira. Whatever... Neta asked me too if it's ok with me. What could I say? I started to say that anything will be good, just to... I even couldn't finish without to mumble. Neta tried to figure out what I'm trying to say. She asked me if it's just to dance. Yes. I guess... Still the other one had time to tell that she went to the curse of La Farruca in Jerusalem. She made a solea and it was great cause she understood all instead of dancing like a doll. So we're back listening to music and understand it. This time - palos (beats) that we didn't work on in this class. We made it over the palos that goes on 4 - tango, rumba (although we didn't listen to it, but to know it's there), taranto, tientos farruca.... And we danced a bit tango. Yeah, there is a beat called tango in flamenco, but it doesn't look like the tango from Argentina and the only things in the music that close to it are the Latin part and going on 4. In flamenco it count the most basic one, but it is possible to make it hard and it is a beauty like other things in flamenco. And listening some more to music. Some more tango for a start. And Neta asked what we wanna hear more. I said taranto, We did. Earlier we also just talked about farruca, but didn't listen. The other one asked to hear a farruca. Almost no problem. The farruca we listened to was the farruca of Sunday classes cause that was the easiest. She also asked about tango de Málaga. It is a tango as well, but different. We listened a bit to one of those - a song that I know since last year from one of the classes I took then. And it's over for this time. Too fast. At least not over for good

No comments:

Post a Comment