Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The course of Maria Juncal - first evening

The studio where it takes a part is pretty close to my house, but I never notice it before: it's in the basement and have some little windows in the sidewalk and it was possible to hear the steps of the class inside. The advanced' class was there. I took the medium level class mostly because it's a dancer from Spain (which makes it harder). I got into the building and couldn't get into the studio. The door was locked - at least for those from outside. No one let me get in. Someone got out and I tried again to get in. It didn't work out. When she got back and waited to the door to open I got in with her. The class was full in advanced and it's a very small studio with no air conditioner. It was hot just to be there. I saw that Ilan was there. I got into a little back room where the secretary sits. It has a curtain between this room and the studio. The few girls who came to the same class as I am watched through the curtain. While I changed the secretary asked who I am. The recite will come only tomorrow (or so she say). I still didn't have my shoes on and the fan still not ready - the other class finished and some more girls got in. One of them was Shir who sat next to me. We talked a bit about this course and I tried to finish fast for getting out from the mess and not miss a thing. I talked with Ilan and I showed him my new skirt (as a clue that I was in the feria), but he just said that he saw the photo and we'll talk later. My friend got into the studio with another girl I know. My friend as a first thing said that my new skirt is beautiful. For her I could say where and when I got it. The other girl and one more who I don't know offered me to take their skirts for mine. I said that no, my friend felt like she need to help me and said to the girl who came with her "do you think she'll give you her skirt now?". Take places. I thought being in the second row, but there was a place in the first row and my friend and her friend pushed me there. Probably I'm the bravest between us cause I didn't argue much although they both dance more years than I do. We've been told to put aside the fans - it will come later. They called our names 3 times for being sure that who's there suppose to be there. Silvia Duran who own the studio talked. She said how great that Maria is there after all the stories. By the way - if someone don't have a fan - Maria brought some from Spain and it's possible to buy from her. The little windows has been opened. Well - Maria talks very well in English. All the class she talked in English accept very few words that were too much for her and then it moved for little moments to Spanish.We started with legs' warming with a bit of hands. It was a deadly warming in a hot place. It took me minutes to feel the sweat over my body. The door has been opened for air. It was a bit hard but good. From time to time Maria asked us to stop for she'll show us. OH MY GOD! When she did alone it was so fast and looked so hard. Oh, it was a bit hard. Then water brake and taking the fans. My friend and the another one looked at photos. Behind us where few with Neta when she was almost a kid. When the brake over we've been asked if we danced before with a fan. Me and few more said yes, I was surprised that some said no. We started with some basic things with the fans. I already know it and it was still a bit more than I'm used to. And move it to the left hand. Many had to complain. Well, I usually complain on my right - never mind that right-handed will try using their left once in their lives. For me the biggest problem was that although I'm left-handed - I don't know how to use it with the left. As a part of a group I had to used my right as all did. And I heard a story that for the left there are special fans. Although that my lest is my dominated - it was hard for to find the way to hold it. Maria stopped near me for giving me the clue. When I got the idea I did it. Not all the time it was perfect, but it was fine more of the time and with much less pains in my body. And take it back to the right hand. We started with a guajira. Looks like Maria has some wonderful ideas. We had time only for the start - but it's already looks so cool. It happened twice or three times that women looked at us through the open door with their kids. In the end came the beginners, looked at us as well and some changed in the stairs. When the class was over I told Maria that I love her ideas. I totally meant it. I enjoyed the class and it did look like a guajira with cool ideas. I think seriously now to put her in my "black list" of my favorites. In the back room the fans has been sold. I wasn't sure - after all I have 3 fans of my own. Then the girl who helped me to get in took the one with the prettiest color anyway. I had to push to get my things. It was too crowded and no one accepted to give some space to move. One complained about the push, but she could move her big @## when I asked nice. I told my friend that I'm happy that she convinced me to come. I also talked with someone else who looked familiar to me and one more girl. I asked her if she went to the course of Rocio Molina. She told me she missed it cause there was no enough place. But she was in the class of Miguel. I said Miguel Angel. After few details - yeah, we went to the same class of Miguel Angel. In the way out she still talked with Maria. It's the third time that my friend goes to a course of hers. We went up together and still talked in the street. I told her very shortly about the feria. When I got to the point of Silvia took my hands - she said "I already told you once - if a teacher see you...". Once again we talk about Miguel Angel...

No comments:

Post a Comment