Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Habitaciones

I went to see Habitaciones of Belén Maya in Suzanne Dellal. As usual - I checked there about some more shows. I found out about two more, but that will wait to next time I'll wright. First of all - I met people. Since I started to learn those things became a social event for me. There are the usual people who comes and it's showing yourself as much as it's seeing a flamenco show. For a start I have seen the woman I bought from her the skirt last summer. Still, she was with others, we're not close friends and I'm not sure she reconized me. It finnished in a polite "hello". After that I saw the back of my friend who learn with me the farruca and I offered her to come as well to the class of Miguel that I went recently. She went "out" the inter garden there. I followed her to say hello. On the way I met someone else who learn with me. She sat with the girl who thinks she's better then everyone else and wanna be a pro. Luckly the one I dislike was busy in talking in her mobile phone and I could talk peacefully with the other one. She went to the classes of Belén. When I asked her how was it - she didn't know how to really answer. It was ok for her, but she wasn't sure how to dicribe it. After that I found out my friend talks in other part. She was in a little group with the one without the self confidense, Ilan and the one I don't really like who dance now from time to time with Neta. And there was one more who I didn't reconize and I didn't really tried. I came to talk with them. Somehow I found myself talking only with Ilan. My friend was too busy and turned her back. The girls were talking in their own. Got into the hall. There was a line to get into the row and my chair. In the row behind me and really behind me sat Shir Cante. I guess that I could say it was the weirdest meeting I had this evening. In the moment I sat she interdiced me her sister who came with her. As they told me - they were talking about me when I got in. Shir told her sister that she knows me and her sister said that my looks is interesting. The sister is a photografer. She asked to take some photos of mine for an exhibition. Ok, hard to say that I dislike this kind of attention. I accepted and gave the sister some details for being in touch with me. Then she asked about my sizes for she will have an idea if she has fit clothes for me in her studio. Shir already thought that her sister is going a bit too far. It's ok with me. And the show itelf: Belé took her husband for that. He's an actor. He interduced her in a pretty crazy way. When she got up to stage - it was possible to see her bata de cola. Her face was coverd by a placard she held. On the placard was wrriten her name in big letters. When she pulled it down she was with a mak all over her head. When it went down too - she stood with her back to the audiunce. When she "looked" to the people - her face was covered with the bata. After a long opening she started to dance. It was a mix of flamenco with a modern style. Very different. It was including a dance that she was taken by a rope which ends in a shair. Her husband sat on the chair with the mask from the start and computer. He kinda "controled" her some of the time. And she danced with the rope. And wanted to say something. When she did - she said that she's addicted. Like in aaa. And there was a little brake. Her husband asked if there is a tarslator in the hall. Someone came. They both got out notes. The husband talked in Spanish and the "translator" translated it to Hebrew. And Belén sat there and was very pleased. The funny part is the text was a horrible criticism about her. And they "celebrated" this ctitique. After that - some more talking and one more dance. The first part has ended in something closer to troditional flamenco and for the parents. On the stage - two chairs. On each one Belén putted a photo of one of her parents - Mario Maya and Carmen Amora. She kinda danced "for them". From time to time she said something short that people could understand better who they were. And she used mostly troditional steps in her own unique way. It was an amzing part which touched my heart. It amazed me even more because of the way that her feelings went out. It looked like she's bleeding from the heart for this dance. I sat close enough to stage to see her tears... A bit more that I could have start crying too. End of part one. A brake. The scond part didn't include her husband. It was including some Israeli musicians. As usual - Shuky Shveiky sang. There was Moy Natenzon on the cajon and a guitar player who I don't know yet. And I could know finally why did they write on the ticket that Neta Shezaf is there. She was. As a palmera. From a reason that I still need to find out - she didn't tell us it's about to come. The second part has started with music only. Shuky and the guitar player. After that - Neta and Moy came too. And Belén got up to stage with another bata de cola and a shawl. She danced few palos. Most of the time there was a use for the shawl, but for some moments the shawl was on a chair. This part was "puro" - just a pure traditional flamenco. In the end she thanked all for coming, mostly for her "weird" show. She said how personal it is. She also thanked the musicians and asked them to come back to stage. Also to her husband to sing to her. Fin la fiesta. I didn't like her husband in the first part, but he songs pretty well. One woman behind me (NOT Shir) didn't notice that Neta was only a palmera. In Hebrew there is a difference how to say a singer if it's a man or a woman. She said that the singer woman is pretty.... After the show was over I didn't run out and back home. On the way out I got to say hello to another one who I know through the studio of Neta. Now my friend had the time to talk with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment