Monday, February 27, 2023

Flamencollage with Hugo Alvarez

 Compas Company invited the dancer Hugo Alvarez for twice on stage with their show Flamencollage. Once it was also with the dancer Carmel Shelly at Givat Brener, I saw the second time at Tel Aviv without Carmel. 


The musicins: 

Guitar: Ofir Atar

Singers: Shuky Shveiky and Yael Horwitz

Dancers: Mijal Natan, Ayelet Shachar, Moran Ron, Lia Sheinfeld, Maya Shani Palenbaum, Ivelisse Gonzalez,Naama Kassif and Vardit Lousky. I want to write also about the new dancer at the comapny, but I don't really see him as a dancer.... The new guy at the company is Bar Lapid that were kind of his first times on stage with Compas Company. 

Guest dancer: Hugo Alvarez. 

Once again it took me a little while to write about it. Accept the relax - I went to sleep too late at night even without writing about the show. I won't get into all palos in the show. 

So, it did start with all company on stage, including Bar Lapid. All with plamas. Moved to a full dance, after a while without Mijal. As far as I know Bar Lapid since he was a kid and I wanted to see if there was any improve that he could get into the company... At least he can stand better, but still not like a real dancer. He didn't look with self confidence. Maybe I'm wrong, but in some moments it looked like he's looking at others to remember. In some moments it looked that maybe it does happen cause he missed some movements and did it few seconds after the real dancers. There is a circle that happenes a lot in flamenco, I love doing it and watching it, I know it's difficult (even to me it till I learned how to do it well), but... I expect a person who calls himself "a professional dancer" to do it like it's a natural thing. I'm not a a professional dancer and do this circle better than him.... The others on stage were real profassionals.


It went to a solo tarantos of Mijal Natan, with a musical brake between dances. I saw many times before do it, I can't complain. I love this palo and I love the way that she dance it.

There were some more dances in a row of the company, at least the very inside of the girls who are always there: Ayelet, Moran, Maya. And there was one with a choreography of Hugo. Ayelet, Moran, Maya and Naama Kassif did it. I saw it in another version or two before, always fun.

After that - Hugo came to stage for a solo. He brought Ivelisse and Bar to be his palmeros. Hugo was amazing. Not only that his tecnique is crazy, not only that choreography was cray - it was including a lot of humor on stage. And he didn't let Ivelisse and Bar just stay on the side for the palmas, he operated them. At least at this part Bar did function. 

It finished with all dancers of the comapny accept Mijal on stage. Once again - with Bar who forgot that he made to function as a palmero. He still wasn't good enough, and it was too easy to see when he tried to dance with some real dancers. 


Fin la fiesta - all were on stage. Solos of dancing - the musicians did it. Just to see that the simple things can be fun. They did it simple and funny, there was no need for more. Bar made to. He did lots of legs work, something pretty crazy that some would say it less good for fin la fiesta. He can do some things, but it didn't look good. All went out together, Bar made it again... THose things should look like a surprise, even if the plac all do together for the going out. He started before all when it was clear that Hugo made the sign to start. 


I met some people at the audience, I went also to say "hello" to the dancers and musicians, but that's another story.




No comments:

Post a Comment