Tuesday, November 12, 2019

After watching Luna y Media

Finally I went to see "Luna y Media" of Compas Company. It's a show that have started at 2003. For years it wasn't on stage, recently it came back in a new edition. Finally I went to see it, third evening with this edition. Took me few days till I started writing about it because of few reasons (let's NOT get into it). 

So, this version including:
Dance: Mijal Natan (of course), Ayelet Shachar, Moran Ron, Orna Gratz, Ivelisse Gonzalez and Maya Palenbaum. Talia Kliger joined Compas Company, at least for this production. Gaia Liberman Contini was taken a part in non official shows of Compas Company before, now she's a part in an official production. There was a dancer who joined the company for this show, her name is Noa Ayal. Twice she got on stage with this, but she's in Seville now. It isn't sure when she will be back. Instead of her joined a dancer that her name is Emanuel Zdaka. Emanuel took a part from time to time at productions for kids of Compas Company. Now she replace Noa Ayal in a "regular" production. 


Musicians: 
Singer: Ofir Atar
Bass guitar: Eran Horwitz
Cello: Rali Margalit

Artist: Yehuda Goldin

The show itself:

Well, it isn't an ordinary show. Some of the parts are pure flamenco, but it including many parts with some other dancing styles that get mixed with the flamenco. It starts with taking on flamenco shoes by Moran Ron (a thing that a bit return on itself on shows of Compas Company, but I guess it's something that becomes their own). The lights on on Mijal Natan after that. And there is a thing with the hair of Talia Kliger and Gaia Liberman Contini. The hair thing returns on itself in few versions at the show, and not only by them. I'm not sure that I have the right words to tell about that thing. And there is Yehuda Goldin that his part at the show is mostly to change things that could be scenery and respond the dancers. 

There is a dance which is much more modern style than flamenco. It's a very surrealistic part. Because it so close to look like a dream that I didn't even care it isn't real flamenco. The dancers where with masks on their faces all over this part. Even me who knows all of them - it was difficult for me to recognize them. It started with one dancer who comes with a "bath" of smoke. The "bath" has been placed in the middle of the stage, a bit by bit the dance of all dancers was around it. After a while - few dancers went to the audience and picked up few of the audience. The dancers made the audience to dance with them. Two dancers stayed on stage and made the same movements. It looked THAT good till it took me a little while to notice one more thing... Gaia and Emanuel who joined for this production were two of the "audience" who picked up to dance with them. 

There was a dance of pure flamenco. A thing of a happy wedding with all the young dancers, in the front of it was Mijal as a widow. It was a very interesting. The meanning was so clear.

About the dancers: most of them I already know that they are great dancers. This time I noticed a lot to Gaia and Emanuel. I know Gaia from my former studio. Till now I saw her dancing only at both studios during classes and at end of year shows. The end of year shows - at the former studio. Now I know that she really have a stage personallity and she's getting better. Emanuel I saw even less till now - only during classes at this studio of Mijal. I knew that she's good and I wasn't surprised that she was taken for it. At this show, at least at her first time - there were few moments that she looked a bit immaturity, but most of time she did her job really beautiful. At few photos from the show I've seen a ballet dancer and couldn't recognize who she was. Well, the last dance including it. 
Ivelisse was dancing ballet while the others danced flamenco. It wasn't in a level of the big masterpieces, but it wasn't easy. I was amazed that she can do also ballet like it's a normal thing to do. I know that she's dancing few more styles accept flamenco, I didn't know that also ballet.

In the end there is also a thing with shoes. All dancers accept 
Ivelisse who was wearing the ballet clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment