Friday, December 28, 2018

Alba - the premiere night

Alba.
A new show of Compas Company with Silvia Duran as a guest star. Choreography by Javier Latorre. Made based on "The House of Bernarda Alba" by Federico Garcia Lorca.

Mijal Natan as Bernarda Alba.
Moran Ron as the oldest sister. 
Vlada Vest got back dancing for taking the part of the youngest sister.
Ayelet Shachar, Ivelisse Gonzalez and Maya Shani Palenbaum as the other sisters.
Guerau Cabrera as Pepe El Romano that the sisters are fighting on his heart. 
Silvia Duran as Poncia.

The few premiere shows at Suzanne Dellal, Tel Aviv. End of December 2018. I went to the very first show. Rainy day outside. The hall was almost full. Javier took one chair, but even without him it was almost full. IT was fun to meet some people that I know, some I didn't see for a long time. Still I find myself sitting next to the weirdos. My friend Ilan Miller is a pro dancer, but doesn't take a part at this show and came with other people after he wasn't sure till the last moment at which date to come and see. It didn't disturb to the craziness after the show.

The show itself:
I've seen aversion at the theater of 
"The House of Bernarda Alba" too long ago. I remembered it's a sad story, but I didn't remember how much. Still two moments has been with a little humor - the way Guerau behave on stage when he danced a duet with Moran. A little after - when all the girls danced with a scurf. And this version was flamenco, but it was theater till the end. Not only dancing - the facial expressions took a big part and promoted the show.

The decor and lights where at the minimum that needed and it was the exact way to promote all other things that happened on stage. There was a moment that the girls changed clothes on stage. I was a little shocked it happened, but it's a part of the show. The lights where very gentle at this moment. 

The dancers job was amazing. With a little time they had to practice they made it a show in a high level. Ayelet Shachar usually receives a part that gives her be more time on stage and be more at the front of the story. Although this time she didn't get any of the main parts - she was shining at her part and showed that she's wonderful at any part she gets on stage. Moran Ron received a part of someone who isn't nice. For a moment I almost believed that she isn't nice although I know that in real life there nothing wrong with her. She did her job as a dancer and an actress in a very impressive way. It was great to see Vlada Vest on stage again. With her talent I can't understand why did she think to stop with it or at least to do a break. And her part was so good to her. Guerau Cabrera has also experience with ballet/Clasico Español. It was easy to see it on stage. At this show it made him shine too. Silvia Duran has a little part but important on stage. She did it with a lot of grace although her age. Mijal Natan as Bernarda... That was a little difficult for me because she did it so well. I know er out of stage and I learn from her at her studio for few years. I knew her a bit even before that. I know that in real life she's a good person. On stage as Bernarda Alba.... She took it to the end and was scary. At the few first moments she was just tough, but things that she did after that.... I was afraid from her character on stage. There was a moment of abusing on stage. She was like hitting Ayelet. I know it wasn't for real and only a part of the show, but it made me shrink at my seat with fear. It was difficult for me to look at this moment. At the end of the show there is a part that Vlada screams on stage, not only a face - she really screams. As far as it felt real and because of all things that happened before on stage - it almost made me cry. 

As far as Javier made the choreography, was there and it was the premiere - he joined the bow down. 

At the bottom line: I think it's a show that everyone needs to see because it's a masterpiece based on another masterpiece. Still you should know it won't be easy. I loved it and I needed some time to relax after watching it. 

After the show - me and some others who knows the people on stage got into the back stage. I asked Mijal when did she became scary. Well, now because the part on stage asked for it. Accept the little party that became there - I asked Javier to have a photo with him and with Ilan. I got it. After that I received a ride home from the two women that Ilan came with. Four of us talked all the way about the show. Looks like we agreed about many things that happened on stage. We liked the same things



No comments:

Post a Comment