Monday, December 15, 2014

New shoes, new class

I know, I said that I'm taking a brake now with telling about regular stories, but this isn't a regular class. That was my first real showing off my new shoes and trying it at the studio. And it wasn't a class that I usually take although I really want to. Yeah, I left the old studio while burning some ridges at the way, it suppose to give me a chance to take one more class at the "new" studio of Mijal. Life happen, so right now I stay on the two that I'm taking already. By the things that roll on - a new class on Sundays for technique at the studio of Mijal. Only matter of days after I finally received my new shoes and still didn't dance in it. I know that made a real try to make it on the best way for me, but somehow at the firm someone told me that I should take a size smaller than my size at Spain, it could be too big for me and I won't be able to dance. It a bit stressed me, but I said no. So I've been told that maybe I should take a half size smaller. Oh, the stress.... At this point I broke down and I have no idea why. I guess that it was after the dramas I had for getting some help with cheking out the size of my feet, a drama of trying to get a couple of shoes from a certain firm which I know that they are good, but now I know that it doesn't make their web site easy for the user, I received a recommendation a moment before my birthday, and that took few months... Let's go on with it. I finally got my shoes, a bit more than a month after my birthday. I can wear it, but the half size do it work. First wearing was difficult and it makes a bit of a press, mostly at one foot. I made few steps and feels a little better. I took some photos, sent to Miguel for he will see the beauty (it still beautiful) because he told me about the firm. I sent to the firm as well. Although the size mistake - I love the way it looks like and I know they made a big try to give me a good service. Because of the service I didn't mind to write about them here when I hardly made the order. By the way I thanked them and told them that I don't mind if they will use the photos. by the way I asked is it get stretch. I know it could look a bit cruel... Took a little time to hear from them. I wasn't sure if they took it as cruel and because of it I don't receive an answer. By the way Miguel told me what he thinks about it (he likes it), Maya and Ilan saw the photos and said it looks great. Maya asked me how did it get with the size. From her point of view - she asked because she's afraid to buy shoes this way from this reason. I can't blame her. Till recently I was the same. She said that never mind, it probably get stretch. It's a half size and about shoes. I thought it ends by that. After a thing my dad said - I asked Miguel. He said it's fine, it's flamenco shoes and no need to be a problem. It will get stretch. OK, I'm relax. A day after I received an answer from the firm. They offered me to sent it back and they will stretch it. Because it's a half size - it isn't a problem. And they are sorry about that. Well, how long will it take? For that work it will take 4-5 days at the firm till they will send it back. No, I give up. Miguel already said that it will stretch with dancing. I was waiting for a long time to have a new couple of shoes, it finally came - a bit over than a month after my birthday although I received it as a birthday gift, and my old shoes made it work to the very end and after. Those shoes takes a lot of money. Now the thought of spending some more time at the post office and spend some more money to send it back to Spain, waiting 3-4 weeks more till it will return (let's not forget that the post office here is slow), spend some more time at the post office to take it back,,,, Too much for me. By the way - I don't know why does it looks this way at my photos. It looks like blue light and purple. At life it's a dark turquoise with purple. At the photos it's pretty, at real life it's even better.

Back to the studio. Last Monday wasn't any class because of the show. This week won't be a class at Wednesday. Mijal didn't say what is the reason. I guess it's a personal matter, so I don't attend to ask. She offered me that this month I will take another class twice instead. She gave the option of the new technique class. Fine, it sounds cool. I wasn't sure if I could come to the first class of it. Well, matter of hours before the new class has started for the first time I found out that things I thought to do and wasn't sure if it will happen - the reason that I couldn't know if to come tonight - my plans at one place, facts are another thing. My plans will wait for another evening. And Ilan told me that he will come to this class tonight. He will stay after that at the studio. He had his reasons to go on to practice. I asked Mijal if there is a place for me in the studio at this class tonight. She said that of course, I'm invited. OK, see you tonight. Mijal told me it's Ayelet who gives the class. No problem, that will be good as well. 

So, no much sleeping at night, a long crazy morning, the waiting to know how do I use my evening - I didn't have the chance to have a siesta. Because I don't use my Ritalin every day - I still have the first box I got with few pills. I probably need it stronger and I came without enough sleeping. So, the pills helped me to be a bit focused, but not enough. And as far as I didn't sleep at noon I didn't need the time to wake up and get ready. And I got a ride without any problem at the way. I came early. Very early. Ayelet gave a class for some who danced a bit before. Some I knew from seeing at the studio at other days. One of them I saw at a workshop Miguel gave when he was her last time. She told Miguel that she wants to be flamenquita, but it takes a lot of time. I noticed now how does she dance. I don't know if it's matter of not enough practice or not enough talent. I have my time. I called Ilan. It's impossible that I came first unless one of those girls stay for another class. He didn't answer. I started to change. And my new shoes. This time it was easier to wear it. I took a couple of little nylon socks before, so it felt more smooth. Still weird. I called Ilan again. This time he answered. He's on the way. He's glad that class didn't start yet. A moment after our conversation the class before has finished. I got down slowly to the studio itself. I was worried about my balance. I told Ayelet that I'm not sure that I would be able to come those classes at a setting, but I came this time and will be back once again instead of the classes that missed this month. OK. She had something to prepare and not too many came accept me. One stayed for sure from the class before. She started to talk with me. At the first moment I didn't even recognize her, but I did see her before. She asked me how long do I learn at this studio, where did I learn before, so on... Where did she? She told me. By the way she made a try at few classes at the old studio I went to. Oh, one place that I saw her before... She told me that she saw Ilan at that studio. Here he came... Now I found out that they know each other, at least a bit. I came to say hello, she came with me. They talked a bit. He asked me where are my shoes. I passed the table between us for showing him. Wow, a real beauty. I asked him to take a photo of mine after class with those shoes. He said that I have already. Not here, not while wearing my flamenco dress as well. Why didn't I ask anyone else? Oh dear... He said that if he will have the time after class. I will kill you if you won't! He asked me if I'm not getting too far. No. I don't. 

Class has started. Three of of us. One more girl from the class before joined. I couldn't ignore her style. I wouldn't go with this kind of clothes or dress my hair this way, but it did made an impression on me that she's unique. I do remember that I saw her before tonight. One more girl came. Can't remember if she was another one from the class before or someone who came in the last moment. The girl who wants to be a flamenquita went away. Ayelet said that she's excited. It's been the first technique class after a while that no one gave this kind of classes at this studio. She told us what does about to happen, It isn't a regular class, as it sounds - it isn't really a class for choreography, it's for improving the technique. She told how does she's about to give it to us. 

We started with a balance drill. One foot up and stand this way. Oh no, my poor balance... It was difficult. Move on to practice some basic steps. One more girl who I know through this studio and made a brake came and made a try to join as fast as she could. From time to time Ayelet told others how to improve it. At Ilan she hardly looked. She did look at my feet from time to time. I was waiting for a word on my new shining shoes. Not a thing. She said that I do well the steps. The basic steps moved to a little complicated but needed at flamenco. Still goes on - she fixed other girls from time to time. By the way she looked at my feet again and again. Every time she had something to say to me was that I do well. Then came a step which I learned before, but I didn't do for too long. When I had the chance to learn it at the first time - it took a lot of work till it stopped confusing me. This time I was glad that Ayelet stopped looking at my feet for a moment. The time that I didn't practice took me back for a place that I don't want to be. Once again it took some time it stopped confusing me. Even after the confusion stopped at my head it became a little better, but not enough. From time to time it did work out, but the legs seemed to have a will of it's own. Some steps we made by moving on at places and moving our hands, not only stepping at the same way.

Moving on. Next part was a part which was more like a part of a dance. Ayelet was teaching us a combination of steps that good for putting it in a buleria. A short thing. The steps for itself are simple, but the mix between and the speed makes it confusing. None of us made it without to make mistakes. Ayelet moved between us from time to time for all will see how to make it right. OK, most of us. She didn't get too close to me. For others she showed from a small distance. She felt like at my case it's enough to look from the side. When she finally had something to say - she looked at my feet again and said "almost". 

Next part was the balance we had at the start again. One leg standing while other is in the air and a bit in the front. This time with a twist. This time we needed to take up our hands to the height of the chest. Hallelujah! I can do it! This time it came out naturally to me. one leg is strong on the floor and I don't feel my body moves. Ayelet told us to keep stomach in and shoulders up. Oh, I already it without to notice... I was proud in myself. And three circles in our places with stopping after each one. Only work do it well. I did it. After some - if we can do the last circle as two without to stop - we should do it. We don't have to if we can't but it's better to try. I feel lucky. I made a try. It's a progress that I made this try again. At my head I can't and I won't make it ever. So, didn't work out well, but once or twice I was close. 

Circles over the studio. At the start she showed us how to do it. Few steps and then few circle. Now we're ready. Each one alone. Ilan was first and made it perfect. The girls made it. The girls who made it well still didn't make it well enough. I was last one. And a try to do it. I made a try to make it was too fast and wrong. Ayelet told me to slow down after one step. She came to start with me. After that she let me do it alone. And I needed a reminder to make one more circle before doing it again. When I finished and came to the others it wasn't just like that. The stylish girl was the one before me. At the moment I stood next to her again she pulled up my dress for a moment. She looked at my shoes. How did she know it's new? She told me it's pretty. Cool! Finally someone say something accept Ilan. Not only someone else - it's a girl that I hardly know but I already like her style. Ayelet came to me and told me quiet that my focus... It started well, but at the second circle I started to miss it. Just when I thought that I improved it... And to the other side. Once again - Ilan was first and made it perfect. Others made it better, but still need to improve it. Once again I was last. First step - Ayelet asked me not to rush. She came to start with me again. This time she took a smaller part by doing it with me. She mostly went after me to remind me to focus. 

After that Ayelet told us that she meant to teach us one more circle, but we won't have enough time. We learned few steps of tientos. Our class finished by that. 

Ilan was talking with the girl who was talking with me earlier. Ayelet told me that I got better. I told her that I have some good teachers. I went to bring my camera. It took some time till I took the attention of Ilan. He was still talking. He said that he's firsty but didn't bring a bottle of water. I drank a lot, but didn't finish my water. I asked him if he want from me. He received from the other girl. He said that he doesn't need from me as well. After that he took a photo of mine. Of course - my new shoes. Ayelet came to us. The other girls went away while three of us were talking. Ayelet told me that she couldn't stop looking at my shoes. It's beautiful, also the colours. I told her that I got it from my parents for my birthday, but received it only now because of the dramas. Ilan said something like "Got it out from her parents! She freaked out the whole world with those shoes! The shoes! The shoes!" Ayelet knows the firm and told me that they are great and I will be pleased. Well, looks like they are good, but for now it still a bit painful because of the size. I told her that they offered me to send it back, but I don't have the patience. I finally have it. Ayelt said that it will stretch. I have nothing to worry about it. Till then I should take one more couple and change at the middle of class. If I only made the invitation of new shoes before killing my old shoes it could be an option. I went to change. Oh, moving out from my beautiful, new and shining shoes... I needed it now. They went on the conversation. I heard some from the balcony and felt like I'm allow to get into it from time to time. Ilan said something that his ballet teacher said. I was saying from the balcony that he didn't tell me that before. Ilan said that it's new from today. He came right after a ballet class. OK. Now I'm not asking. I went down with my water bottle. I asked him to finish it. He needs it. He thanked me. I took it back empty. Ayelet said something that he should have a bottle as well. He said that he have but forget to bring. I asked him if he needs me to remind him tomorrow. After a little thought he said that it doesn't matter if he will say "yes" or "no", I will remind him anyway. Yeah, he's right about it. 

I got back home. Taking my dog for a walk, taking my new photo with my new shoes at the studio to the computer, writing a lot here and at Facebook...

And here is the photo of mine that Ilan took after class:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment