Thursday, November 27, 2014

A bit more news

Few days ago Peña Juan Breva y Museo de Arte Flamenco shared at Facebook a virtual flyer of them. The photo they took for it was a photo of Carmel Shelly. She herself used the same photo of hers for a show of hers that about to happen (sold out with tickets already). I couldn't help it and as a comment  I asked that school if Carmel Shelly is about to teach there. They said no, she used to learn there.  I wasn't sure about this information and it didn't leave my head. I sent the link to Carmel. She wrote me it's funny - it's the third or fourth time someone use this photo of hers just like that. If they did it - fine. Blessed.  By the way she shared once again on her wall at Facebook by saying it's funny, with pleasure. 

Once again she wrote me. She said it happened to her many times before that people used her photos for promotion without to ask her. I told her that I think her comment was cool and I know about cases that people got angry about much less. By the way they said that she learned there. She said it won't help her if she will get angry from it. No time to spend on negative things and she see it as a complement that they used her photo. I do think that her comment is cool and great that she see it this way, still I don't think that it was justify to do it to her. And one more thing - Carmel said that she doesn't remember that she ever learned there. 

So for your eyes - the flyer made by Peña Juan Breva y Museo de Arte Flamenco for their school, and the original flyer of Carmel Shelly for her real show (by this order):



No comments:

Post a Comment