Friday, March 28, 2014

To finish the liviana

It happen to me too many times that I come at last moment to classes. Happened me once. This time after I didn't sleep much at the night before, made a try to sleep a siesta which didn't work out well, I had no idea how will I dance now... Between classes Moran asked me how am I doing. It took me a little while till I could give her an answer. Too fuzzy. I got down to the studio with my camera. A brake between classes. The guitar player made his lists about parts of music. Ayelet didn't come this time. Weird...

Our class has stared. Mijal said that this time we'll finish the liviana, we just work on the final steps and dance all of it to the very end. She looked at me and said "and then you'll take a video". I smiled.

We started with the drill of legs' technique. And working on the three parts. I usually take the part which I love the most, but 4 girls on it, 3 on another part, I was at the side of the third part which is the hardest and the only one on it was the friend of the happy one. I was sorry for her for she will do it alone, and anyway - it won't hurt if I will practice it. It's pretty as well. All girls of the part I love the most made it well. At the second part which is the "opening part" in the liviana... The little girls made it pretty well (there are two of them now) and the nice one couldn't handle it. She said it herself when it was over. Third part. We both didn't make it well, but Mijal pointed more on the friend of the happy one. A long practice with Mijal. Didn't take long till she asked all to join us. 

We got our last moves and steps to the liviana. It took Mijal a bit time to remember what did she wanted to teach us for that. Something that Moran did remind her.  I took this time to remember to prepare my camera (taking it for the video thing, deleting old videos which are not needed any longer...). We learned something which is simple for our level but looks great from the side. 

We danced all from the start. By parts - this time the little girls made their part alone, the nice one joined us. We worked a bit on some parts. Girls from the next class started to come. OK. Last time from start to end. Whoever wants to take a video - this is the time. I took my camera and moved to the best location at the studio for that. Mijal asked me if I'm sure that I want to do this video and not dancing. I said that I want to remember. Mijal offered that someone from the class after us will take this video and I'll dance. Before I could respond - one of our class asked loud for the girls on the balcony if anyone care to take a video, The girl from men's class who takes the escuela bolera takes the next class as well. She came and took my camera for that. I told her how to use it. She started, but Mijal had something to tell. And we started to dance. I was far from my best. Too tired, end of class, my head was if this girl really take the video and not only show like she does... I made some mistakes. Yeah, she made the video and at the parts which no one hides me my mistakes are recorded. When someone was between me and the camera were the parts which I felt I'm doing well for a change. This time I went to do the part which I love the most, but I didn't practice it now, so it didn't work out as good as I can. At the ending part which I made earlier didn't work out well again and Mijal did it with the girls. And she stopped to say something. The girl who took the video stopped the video and gave me back my camera. She went away. The end of dance... I missed few seconds but I made the video myself. I was sorry that I couldn't dance it, but I wanted the video for I could remember it.

End of class. The guitar player went away. We started a conversation about next week. We will be able to have the liviana for a practice one more week or two while starting something new. At the start it meant to be a farruca as next dance, the same farruca that the men danced till recently. Now Mijal said that some fellows wants to join our class and but they had this farruca already, so we'll have another palo for now and the farruca will wait till we finish our next dance. She's been asked which palo does she offer. She said that although it will be jondo one by one she thought of doing a solea. Another offer. Can't remember which, but it's a palo which I didn't learn yet anyway, so it's another thing which I can't say "no" to. Mijal said it will be a problem cause she can't sing and our guitar player don't sing it well. Without the sinning it won't be the same. An alegria has been offered as well. Mijal said we won't do an alegria cause I don't like it. All girls looked at me amazed. Moran asked me if it's true. I nodded my head for yes. The nice one made a try that maybe an alegria after all. She said again that no because I don't like it, and by the way they already had an alegria before. It will be better to have something which will be new to all of us. There was an offer to bring Ofir to play and sing for us. He can do both well and he can do this palo too.   Mijal said that maybe we'll do it once in two weeks. She doesn't want to insult our guitar player although she wants to to through a rock on his head. Also a thought about at the weeks that Ofir won't come and our ordinary guitar player will be a buleria. Or did I just made it up and a solea will be that weeks?

I thanked that girl from men's class on the video that she took. Still it was most of dance and she stopped in a brake. She didn't have to do it from the first place anyway. On the way out - Mijal was talking with the girls from the class that I take and learn from her more time than I do. Someone hurted her. I guess that she didn't want me to hear that. I stopped. It didn't take much till she finished her story and ran back to the studio. For me.. Mostly wanted to sleep 

No comments:

Post a Comment