Monday, November 19, 2012

It sounds different

Funny how does one little thing can change. As you probably know - in every state that people talks in Spanish - the accent is different. I got used to in the start to the accent of Mexico. I travelled there once, too long ago for only 3 weeks. One of the things that happened when I was there was that I understood how much I love Spanish. Later on I learned some, not enough but learned. My teacher was a Mexican woman who came to live in Israel and was married to an Israeli man. It was the most natural accent to me. After that - I heard a lot the accent of Argentina from people who moved from there to here. In the last years - came the flamenco. As you may know - even in Spain there are different accents to Spanish. I got used to the difficult accent of the south - Andalucia. All because of flamenco. I guess that if one day I will hear the Mexican accent it will sound natural again to my ears, but... For now - the accent of south Spain, the accent of the flamencos. I just started to think about it because of the radio. I listen now to a radio that try to make it an international thing, songs from all over the world. Still it mostly Latin music. They had 2 songs from Spain. It was so weird to hear an accent from Spain which does NOT fit flamenco...

No comments:

Post a Comment