Saturday, November 25, 2017

And one more workshop with Miguel Angel

At his last evening at Israel this time - Miguel Angel gave one evening of workshops at Tel Aviv. One evening of one day workshops at three different levels. Two hours of Tientos for pro level, two hours of Buleria for medium level and an hour and a half of Tangos for beginners. I took the Buleria. Still I came early. I wanted to be relax with times, and if I will have a chance to see a bit from the Tientos - even better. So, I was the first one who came for my level class. I did see a bit from the Tientos. So beautiful and I'm waiting for the day that I will dare to try this level with Miguel. Another person who I know a bit came only to look. A weirdo person who I know came to the workshop. I know her through past workshops with Miguel, somehow I also spent a little to much time with her at the last show so far. While we looked at the end of the Tientos we talked a bit. She told me that someone there is really good. You do know that she's a teacher, don't you? The weirdo said that she must be. I told her who's the good one. Oh, yeah, I'm correct recognizing..... 

Between classes - not all who I know had really time and patience to talk with me. One of the girls was catching hard a talk with Miguel till he hardly could say "hello" to me, no matter he's also a friend of mine accept being a teacher. After the student accepted to leave Miguel - the person who came to look was catching him for a talk. She was leaving after that. He  started to prepare the music. I had the time to ask him when is the next time that he's coming. He doesn't know, I have to ask Mijal who brings him. I told him that he doesn't have to leave at the day after. It amused him till end of class. He doesn't have to leave, really! 

Right from the start no warming - some new steps. We learned a lot during a short time. Still didn't feel like pressure. Too much fun. Every time we learned something well - he was teaching a bit more. A bit without music and then to try with music and a little faster. He started to correct me. At the first time I took a workshop with him - it was enough to scare me. This time - no problem. It could stress me more if he wasn't notice me. He noticed again even my beautiful shoes. The weirdo had to say that my shoes are beautiful one moment after Miguel did. One of the girls from the Tientos class joined us not much after that for the Buleria. It was enough for her to look at us from the side to understand quickly our dance. 

A water brake. After that Mijal was telling one thing about his family name - Espino. I was a bit shock when it moved to a little talk about religion. I never bothered from it and never asked him. The closest talk we ever had was accepting that we both don't believe in God, and even that I don't remember the real connection. The class moved on. At the end we all wanted a video. Miguel prepared to dance. Mijal was a bit shocked, why does Miguel dance alone? We want videos.... The weirdo wanted me to send her my video, after I took it I found out that she has some demands about it that makes me a little mess. 

One last time all of us danced with the music and with Miguel. And a moment of rumba. Miguel asked the girls who came for the beginners class to join us. One of them was afraid but accepted after she's been told it has no connection to the dance we had till this moment. We danced few markajes with the rumba just to relax. 

After class two things - first of all I asked him for how long is he Jewish. He thought a bit and as a kind of joke he was thinking a bit and hardly said that for a long time. I told him again that my first teacher used to say about him that he's a half Israeli. He accepted that. After that I asked for the traditional photo with him with dancing clothes after the workshop. It had a little drama from who to ask and who will take it with my own phone. At the end one of the beginners did it. After that I took my time to change and go. I had the time to see a little bit from the next class.


No comments:

Post a Comment